Need help planning our 1st. cruise

Iamblessed

Earning My Ears
Hi there!! I am new to pages like this but am thankful to have found you!! I am, at my husbands urging, planning to take our first cruise. We have family members with food allergies and I am concerned about how accomidating the ship can be. I, on the other hand, am worried about motion sickness. I hate closed in spaces and was wanting a category 1 or 2 suite. I would appreciate any help in these areas, or any help for that matter:hyper: We are wanting to do the 4/3 land/sea. We would like to go when the rates are at the lowest considering the type room we want. Also, I wanted to know do they do weddings ( really it is a vow renewal):blush: We never had a "real" wedding and because of our businesses we rarely get to travel like this, so we loved to "do it large" Again, I welcome any help and look forward to hearing from you!!

We did our first cruise in August. I get motion sickness from roller coasters and on boat trips I've taken in the past to Catalina. I used the patch and didn't get sick. I did feel the movement and did not like to look out the windows much. I should have put the patch on sooner. We were in a Category 8 and did not feel cramped. The rooms are a little smaller than they are at your average hotel. We did the vow renewal while on board too. It was pricey over $1,000. It is about 30 minutes total, including ceremoney, cake, etc. You do get concierge service, a nice cake and some extras. You do feel special. There are several posts on the subject you can probably search for. Hope you have a great time.

Hello!

Welcome to the boards! This is the place to come with questions. I learned alot on these boards.

The food allergy thing I really dont know about. What I would do is call Disney cruise line and ask them. The are very accomidating and should be able to help you. Also you might want to check a Cat 1 because they book years in advance.

As far as motion sickness and closed spaces, I too have both of those problems and had no problem whatsoever on the ship. We even had 18-20 foot waves the last night and I felt fine. The cabins are very spacious, 25% larger than all the other cruise lines. The room was great, plenty of space. I do recommend a Cat 7 or better, the door that opens with the verahnda was perfect fro someone who suffers with this problem. I always book a Cat 7 for my husband and son and myself. We had no problems with over crowding.

The vow renewal is done on the ship. When you call about the food allergies you can ask them about it. The web site is a great place to get some of your questions answered. Disney Cruise Line

Hope this all helps :wave2:

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any more questions if I can answer them I will be happy to oblige!:boat:

We had a category five room on deck 7. We loved it. This was our first cruise, we just finished...we were on the 9/13 magic. We can't wait to go again.

I have terrible motion sickness, and believe it or not...the cruise did not bother me at all. Hubby couldn't believe it. I had gotten the patch prescription, never even took it out of the bag. I did pick up the sea bands at kmart and put them on the first night, just in case...never wore them again after that. I was totally amazed.

There were only two of us in the room, we didn't feel cramped or closed in at all. We had plenty of drawer, closet space and shelves in the bathroom areas. We loved the verandah.

Hi, welcome! You've come to the best place!

From what I've read about food allergies here, DCL does a great job. As mentioned, inform them ahead of time and remind your server the first night.

If I could do Cat. 1, that is after I win the lotto!, I would! But since I'm not going to count on that, we have been in and booked for another Cat. 11. I'm not sure how many of you there are, but we had 3 in our room. We were out and about so much that it really didn't matter to us. Plus, I really felt that we had plenty of room.

I also get very motion sick. I did get sick on the 1st night of both 3-night trips due to storms. I have recently purchased an electronic wristband and hope it will help with traveling. I got this because I never know when it will happen. I don't get sick everytime in the car, but when it does I'm miserable! Obviously, I don't want to take meds everytime I get in a car as a passenger (my dh always drives-I hate to drive with him in the car LOL).
I'm going to look into a patch or an injection right before I leave in addition to the band.

If you want to read more on the food allergies, use the search function to bring up others experiences to see how they did.

Have fun! :tongue:

Welcome!
Please know in advance that after you have your first cruise - you will be hooked for life! Cruising is a wonderful way to have a stressfree vacation, so with that in mind -

I am extremely prone to motion sickness, I use wrist bands and do very well.

Just tell your travel agent and servers of the allergies involved. The dining room staff is always accomodating. You will be spoiled for life with their service.

I have been to a shipboard wedding and thought it was the most beautiful ceremony I've attended. A renewal will be the same, and you will treasure it always.

Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter