Need help with Boardwalk villas bus transportation

crusader

calls the faithful to their knees
I am hoping someone can help me understand how the bussing will work during our stay at the BWV in Oct.

We are a fairly large group planning to attend MNSSHP (25 or so guests) How can we better our chances of us all getting on the bus in order to arrive at the event on time? I am concerned after reading several posts that the busses for this event are shared with other Epcot resorts and BWV is the last pickup which has been passed by when the bus filled up prior to arrival.

Also, how do we get to Disney Quest via bus and can we walk from there to the marketplace or is this really too far?

Thanks for all your assistance.

What I would recommend doing is giving us a call ahead of time, to let us know your group will be coming down. Perhaps as you leave your room... This way, we'll know in advance to send an extra bus. 407-WDW-RIDE is the number.

DisneyQuest is located at the West Side at Downtown Disney. You'll need to take the DTD bus, and get off at the Pleasure Island stop.

With that large a group you might have to board two busses but do not expect real huge crowds for the busses. Easiest way to avoid problem is plan to be at MK at least an hour before the evening event starts. Follow advice given above for calling that extra bus and likely there will be no problem.

It is easy to walk from DQ to main part of DD, takes 15 minutes at most normal pace.

Wow -

I want to thank both of you for your help! I will certainly call in advance to let transportation know about us ahead of time. We were debating on driving ourselves over but it seemed to be a very difficult process and certainly not as much fun!

I do have a few more questions if you don't mind:

1) How many guests would one bus accomodate? If we have to split up we can but I'd like to avoid it.

2) Do we need to do anything special when returning?

3) Where can I obtain information on the bussing schedule for the Boardwalk to and from downtown disney for this coming Oct?

4) Is there more than one pickup location at downtown disney or only the one at pleasure island?

Thank you again

Chip N Dale (our resident master of transportation who actually drives the busses) can likely be more accurate than me but I'll try:

1. Not sure how many can get on one bus though I am sure that it can hold 25 fairly easy.

2. When leaving MK for the evening you just go to the bus stop, There will be crowds so you may have to split as the busses come but there will also be busses coming on a fairly quick schedule.

3. Bus schedules are given to you when you check in but it is fairly easy to remember -- busses to DD usually come every 20 minutes and sometimes even quicker. They run to and from DD from about 10 a.m. until Pleasure Island closes (about 2 a.m.)

4. The busses stop at DD Marketplace and DD Pleasure Island. Used to also stop at DD West Side but believe that may have stopped. Note it is easy to get to any stop no matter where you are in DD-- the Pleasure Island one is actually convenient to both marketplace and West side too.

We went to MVMCP from BWV last month. We caught the bus early, around 4:00pm with no problem, there was plenty of room. Last year for both MNSSHP and MVMCP, you could be admitted with your ticket after 4:00 and get your wristband. I highly recommend this. We got there about 4:30 and were able to do alot of riding until 6:00, saw the regular fireworks, then Tomorrowland was open between 6:00 to 7:00 for those with wristbands, while day guests were ushered out of the parks. It gave us a great jump on the party.

Originally posted by crusader
1) How many guests would one bus accomodate? If we have to split up we can but I'd like to avoid it.

Our busses have a capacity of around 72 persons.

2) Do we need to do anything special when returning?

Nah... Just wait at the stop as normal.

3) Where can I obtain information on the bussing schedule for the Boardwalk to and from downtown disney for this coming Oct?

Busses run every 15-20 mins.

4) Is there more than one pickup location at downtown disney or only the one at pleasure island?

Busses stop at the Marketplace from 830am-1145pm.
Busses stop at Pleasure Island from 1000am-200am.

thanks again -

Chip N Dale - you're a good person to know.

My compliments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter