Need Idea's for after Ceremony.....

noodles

DIS Veteran
My Dad and his girlfriend are having an intimate wedding at Sunset Pointe at the end of November. They just decided to get married a few weeks ago and decided to do it on our already planned upcoming Disney trip. Because Im the family Disney trip planner, Dad has come to me to help with the dinner after the ceremony. I was going over restaurants with him last night and suggested California Grill during the Fireworks or Citrico's. I also suggest the Grand 1 to watch the fireworks and maybe a catered dinner by the Grand Floridian. They really liked that idea, but when I called this morning it was already booked for their wedding day(no surprise there!!) Does anyone have any other romantic ideas for 8 adults and 3 children? Thanks for your help!

Shannon

You could also try to see if there is availability for an Illuminations cruise at Epcot.

The Illuminations cruises at Epcot are booked solid the entire month of November!! Any other ideas???

Shannon

How about a pontoon boat for the MK fireworks, and have a dinner catered by the GF private dining, in one of their available locations?
Cheers!
Heather W

We were told that the GF Private Dining had several outdoor locations available, but I'm not sure what they are. They can also cater to your room or suite, or for the Grand One yacht.
Commander's Terrace at the GF is a location used by Private Dining, but you won't know about its availability until 2 or 3 days before the event, since FTW and Disney Meetings are obviously given priority at this location.
Another location, if you're staying concierge, is the 3rd floor concierge level balcony.
If you call the GF and ask for Private Dining, the staff there could obviously give you more details than I can about other locations.
Cheers!
Heather W
8/5/02

I would call group dining. They can throw together something fantastic in very short time. You could do an Illuminations dinner, I'm sure they'll have a venue or two to choose from, inside EPCOT that evening. They may also be able to help in one of the other parks, or at Sunset Pointe, or some other place. They had very good menu choices, and were really not much more than a sit down in a fancier restaurant.

noddles-
what day/time is the wedding,I'm getting married at sunset pointe on nov.22 @ 1pm.:)

Group Dining can only help if you have a group of 10 or more. They can arrange Illuminations parties (or perhaps that's Disney meetings that arranges those), but they have a 20 person minimum for the smallest venue, so those are fairly pricey for a small group.
Private Dining might also be a good option; Private Dining at the GF can arrange for meals at several locations within the GF, on the grounds outside, and on the Grand One yacht.
Cheers!
Heather W

Thank you everyone for your ideas and suggestions! I have passed them all onto my dad and when they make a decision I will let you know! If you come up with any other ideas let me know!

Slinky_dogg,

The wedding is on November 26 at 5pm. What are your plans after the ceremony? Good Luck to you!

Shannon

I have a couple of phone numbers that may be of help,

(800) 933-3975 Option #3 is toll free and phone # for Disney Dining

(888) 347-6394 is the Disney club...this can get you a 10% discount on some items. they also are quite helpful with getting things arranged

(407) 828-3400 Magical Weddings...they might be able to arrange the impossible

Hope this helps...

Thankx noodles same to yours~

We are going to go to Ohanas for dinner,then watch the fireworks on the beach at the poly, nothing spectacular, but intimate.

How about dinner on the beach at the Grand? Would you be able to see the fireworks from there? I'm not sure. Or an Illuminations dinner at the outdoor area at the UK pavilion (I'm not sure of the name of the area, but they do have parties out there)

My personal favorite would be renting the pontoon and having dinner on it. I think the Contemporary might also do this so you might try them if the Grand is booked.

Is it possible to rent the rose garden at MK for a private dinner? This would be very nice I think.

We're getting married at Sunset Pointe this Halloween at 11.

We're having everyone come back and due the Polynesian Luau as sort of a reception. Afterwards, for those still game we're going to The Boardwalk for further merriment (Pleasure Island would be way too crowded on Halloween).

Note: I know they will be closing the Luau for renovation soon but I'm not sure exactly when.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter