• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need ideas for sweet sixteen trip

Jajone

DIS Veteran
I am taking my DD and her 2 friends to WDW this summer to celebrate her sweet sixteen. We have been many many times. I am looking for ideas to make this trip special that don't cost a lot of money. No cruises, restaurants or tours. Any ideas?

Maybe buy them silly matching hats or shirts? Get the birthday button for your daughter? I was going to suggest the afternoon tea at the GF but that is a restaurant.

Make sure your daughter gets the birthday pin and the birthday mickey ears or even a sweet 16 sash. Have them all get cute matching shirts that your daughter can custom design (cheap from vistaprint.com). A special birthday dinner would be nice. Maybe at Cinderella's Royal Table. Expensive, but not crazy expensive. You can order a custom cake if you call the restaurant.

You could: put together a scavenger hunt for them to do in the parks; give them money for pressed pennies and then make jewelry out of the pressed pennies; get sparkly hair stuff and tiaras to wear in the parks; crazy princess socks for them to wear each day; something different to have the characters sign, like a photo frame map for each girl to keep.

Get some stuff at home to decorate the door of the hotel and the room for her birthday. You can get a lot of stuff at home that your daughter can wear at home for her Sweet 16.

Does she like seeing the characters? You might when to get a special bag that she can get all the characters can sign. Maybe have all the girls Disney Bound while they are down there.

What about breakfast in bed on her birthday? It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just get up a little bit before the girls and bring back her favorite from the hotel food court.

Will you have a car? And inexpensive bouquet flowers from the grocery store that I could enjoy every time I returned to the room would have made me feel very special. Search the Internet. Maybe you can find a local florist who's willing to make something small and occasion-appropriate within your budget.

Goofy's Candy company in DTD is a lot of fun. Maybe they could customize something inexpensive like a Caramel Apple with a number 16 on it.

I agree with PP's. A sweet 16 tiara, sash, and Disney birthday pin are a must.

We are going for my daughter's 16th, and she is bringing a friend with her. They plan to do some Disney Bound outfits for a few of the days.

There are a lot of free activities too, like movies on the beach at night. We love the Chip and dale campfire at Fort Wilderness, and it is easy to get to from Magic Kingdom by ferry. They could toast smores, enjoy the movie, and get pics with Chip and Dale.
I haven't decided yet on getting a cake, but for her 5th birthday we went, and I got a cake at Publix that was really good. I think it was just as good as the Disney Bakery cake I ordered for my dad's birthday one year from the GF.

You could also decorate the room with ribbons and streamers while they are out at the pool.

I like the idea of having characters sign a photo frame, might steal that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter