Need opinions on doing Magic Kingdom without fast-passes; would you or not?

We usually get in Space Mtn, Buzz and People Mover by 9:30 - 9:45 when we get to RD and we time our FP+ choices to start at 9 so we go right into them after the first 3. Certainty one can walk on numerous rides after that, PhilharMagic I've found to be pretty easy to do but they're available, we use them.

Bill From PA

It all depends on one major bit of information, actually two - how old are you and how often do you visit? My wife and I are in our 60's. We go down every year. For us, the need to go on a ride does not impact our "Trip Success". We enjoy the parks just for the sheer experience of being there. We have been on every ride, multiple times. We never get FP's and we always have a delightful trip. Now, my son goes down every year with the grandkids and they cannot survive without FP's. Like I said, how old are you and how often do you visit?

Are they intimidated by the technology of prebooking FPs, the inconvenience, the thought of a schedule...???
My sister (of about 60yo) is using FPs for the first time this April. She was always intimidated by the thought of a schedule and the technology of using an "app". Now she realizes she is going to be "somewhere" in the park at "sometime". And, not only is it free to use, but I had to convince her it is also free to NOT use. She felt if she booked a FP, she would feel obligated to be there at that time. I had to show her how to cancel, modify or just "Let it Go". So she is now experimenting with the FP system.

Your friends may just need you to take them by the hand and show them how to do it.

Would like to know if there are any guests still willing to just wing it. I'm especially interested in those who would do it with little ones, ages 5 and 3.

If you wing it would you kindly state how long you stay in the park and how many attractions you do.

Since they don’t want to stick to a schedule, they can plan FP+ the day of and see what they get. They can also do the typical low wait attractions such as Country Bears, Carousel of Progress, People Mover, and Tiki Room. They also could play the Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter