Need opinions regarding children for IOA!

CJones

Earning My Ears
Hey people! I'm new to the forums, and I was hoping I could get some opinions or suggestions regarding the matter of children at Islands Of Adventure. I'm not a parent or anything but I have a 7-year-old sister were skeptical or bringing to Islands Of Adventure this Sunday. Do you think a kid her age would enjoy the park? Which rides do you think she would find fun and ride? Which rides do you think we should avoid letting her take part in? Plus feel free to add any tips or ANYTHING that can help me out!!

Thanks,
Corey

Corey hey welcome lets see if she doesn't like HUGE thrills like on coasters she could and love:
Spiderman
Dudley Do Right
Popies
Jarasic park
Posieden's fury
EVERYTHING at suess landing
all she is really missing is 3 rides.

My son is 8 and for the past two years IOA has been his FAVORITE park in Orlando. As fboy said there's only 3 rides that she would probably have to skip depending on her height. The major coasters get most of the press but the park is so much more.

I'm sure your sister will enjoy it!

And WELCOME to the board!

Just walking into Suess Landing is an adventure in itself! It was so cool!!!!!! She should have a great time!

Kim:wave: :wave: :wave:

Hey, if you don't take her, you can't ride the Pteradon Flyers. My 4yo loved The Flying Unicorn coaster. How tall is she? If she is 48" tall I would take her for sure! The 3 rides they are talking about she couldn't go on are, Dueling Dragons-54", Hulk-54", & Doctor Doom-52". Popeye & Bluto are 48", Dudley 44", Jurassic-42", Spiderman is 40". Hope that helps!

By all means, bring her along.

The themeing at IOA is spectacular for an adult, so I can only imagine how magical it must seem through the eyes of a child.

What hasn't been mentioned yet are the interactive play areas. "If I Ran The Zoo" in Seuss Landing may be a little too babyish for a 7-year-old, but "Me Ship, The Olive" in Toon Lagoon and "Camp Jurassic," in JP, should be right up her alley.

Thanks for all the help guys! We have rescheduled our trip until next weekend, so we can do IOA and US in two days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter