Need opinions! SIIZIX/QUICKUTZ!

paula70

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone. I know this question has been asked before but i did a search and still feel like I need more info. I am looking at possibly buying either the sizzix sidekick or the quickcutz alphabet tool. I don't want anything fancy, really just want to make my own alphabet letters. Right now I use stickers and am constantly buying more sheets because I am out of one letter in a certain color and it is so frustating! I don't forsee buying a bunch of different fonts or tons of different dies, maybe just a couple of generic things. I was leaning toward the sizzix but don't like that you have to cut the paper into small pieces to put it through the machine. That seems time consuming in itself. The quickcutz system seems easier but is it more limited on the dies that you can buy to go with it? I have no clue here so I really would appreciate any opinions you have on this! :thumbsup2
TIA!
Paula :goodvibes

Hey Paula - I think I can offer you a pretty good barometer...I have both Quickutz and Sizzix...99% of the time I reach for my Quickutz. When I go to crops it's easier to carry, The handle just seems so much easier to use to me than the sidekick or original sizzix machine. I think the Quickutz alphabets are actually more affordable...I've found some great ones on ebay. It seems whenever I go to a crop at a LSS they almost always have some sort of Sizzix alphabet...so I can use theirs if I "really" want a certain font. I like the "full size" quickutz alphabets a lot! There is more variety in those...Sizzix just has I think 3 in the large size. Now I really don't use mine for anythign other than alphabets so someone else might offer you suggestions on that. hth! :wave2:

hey, you can use the quickutz dies in the sidekick. Much easier to use than the qk tool. just need the adaptor set (comes in a pack of 10) I love the sidekick! and now target is selling the ellison dies that can go through the sidekick. maggie

So if you go with the sidekick and the adapter, you can use sizzlets and QK dies? I like that the sizzix has alphabet sets w/ upper and lowercase letters all in one set. Does anyone else have any opinions? Would love some more feedback!!
paula

I personally like the Sizzix, but several of my friends really like the QuickCuts. It is smaller and more portable. However, I found that it my hand hurt after awhile if I was cutting a lot of letters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter