Need packing advice for Ireland!

slg

DIS Veteran
We are going on the July 22 tour of Ireland. We will be leaving from Portugal (our first destination) and flying Ryan Air so I want to pack really light. (Trying to make do with a carry-on suitcase for all the boys (1 dh and 3 ds) and one carry-on bag and checked suitcase for me!

So, my questions are:

Is a jacket, one pair of jeans, 2 long sleeved t-shirts, 3 pairs of shorts and 6 t-shirts enough? Also taking sandals and runners.

My dh is also taking 2 collared shirts (short-sleeved) and one pair of khaki casual pants and shoes for the dinners.

I (DW) wil take 3 shorts, 2 capris, 1 jeans, 1 jacket, 2 long-sleeves, 3 tanks, 3 t-shirts , sandals (keens), runners, dressier sandals and a summer dress.

Those of you with experience think that is enough? I'm just agonizing and would love your advice.!

slg,

Ireland has very moderate temperatures year round.
This is the average in July from the goireland website:

July

* Minimum Temperature 53 °F
* Maximum Temperature 66 °F
* Daily Sunshine 5:24 hrs (because of cloud cover)
* Rainfall (above 5 mm) on 3 days
* Wind 8.1 knots

My personal opinion ... put in another pair of jeans and only take one or two pair of shorts.

I'm currently in Ireland (Killarney) so I'll give you my opinion. What I've been wearing is jeans and thin sweaters with a hoodie. We have had lovely weather, but passing showers can come up in a instant. We keep our rain jackets handy. The sun is warm but the breezes can be a little nippy for me. If you don't get chilled easily, then short sleeves during the day may be fine. However, I do think jeans is the way to go. You do alot of walking so make sure that you have comfortable shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter