Need quick hotmail help please - CRUCIAL

December99

<font color=orange>WDW Antenna Topper Queen</font>
I am trying to find out if I can do this but I need some assistance from hotmail users.

If you have a hotmail account, can you put in an email addy and find out who it belongs to? We have a crucial situation here at work and we need to find out who an address belongs to - this is a life or death possible situation.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Yes. If you are a hotmail member, go to your contacts list and click on directories. There you can do a white page search for members.

To find people by using a directory
In your Contacts, click Directories in the upper right corner.
Click the link to the directory you want to use.
Complete the search form and submit it.
Notes

You need to be listed in the Hotmail Member Directory before you can use it to find others.
If you cannot find who you are looking for in the White Pages, try changing the information you enter. For example, someone might be listed by last name and first initial only.
The addresses found through E-mail Lookup will not be Hotmail addresses unless a Hotmail user has published his or her Hotmail address in the service. Hotmail does not reveal its members' addresses.

The MSN Hotmail Member Directory is a listing of all the Hotmail members who have chosen to be included. It gives members a way to find friends and send them messages while protecting each person's privacy. You can use the directory only if you are listed in it.

The directory displays your name and geographical area, but not your e-mail address. When you find a person in the directory, you can send them an e-mail message by clicking their member name. A special Compose page opens in which you cannot change the To line, and the Cc and Bcc lines are not available.

When you use the directory, remember that some members have the same name. To make sure you have found the right person, first send a brief message stating who you are and why you are sending them a message.

Thanks. I will see what I can find. This has been helpful to know.

This might help if the person has the email address on a webpage or posted to usenet. Type the email address into Google. It will bring up webpages, bulletin boards, guestbook comments, etc. where the person used th email. many times they may have the name in the post somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter