Need RPR Info!

grumpyandbashful

DIS Veteran
We have had to change plans last minute, and will be at USE March 11-13 now instead of a week earlier. We are a family of 5 and had a deluxe room reserved at HRH with the APH rate, but NOTHING was available for our new dates when I called USE and Loews directly - finally I got a room at the RPR from hotelkingdom.com. We are having to pay WAY too much, but at least we got a room! We have 3 teens, so I know we will be like sardines in the room (2 beds and a rollaway), but hey, it's worth it for FOTL, right? :confused: :rolleyes: .
Sooooo - we have only stayed at HRH before - can you walk to the parks from RPR, or only take the water taxi?
Also, can you get a quick cheap breakfast at RPR? Is there a casual place to get lunch or dinner there?

Thanks for any advice!

It is about a ten minute walk to IOA from RPR. Actually, I think we timed it at 8.

There is breakfast available in the lobby. You just pick what you want out of a bunch of cold things and pay at the end of the line. Nothing fancy but it is fast!!! There is Jake's restaurant downstairs that is casual and you can also eat by the pool. The other two restaurants, Tchoup Chop and Islands are fancy but good.

Request Tower 1 for a view of IOA. It is also closest to the walking path, but farther away from the water taxi dock. Not all standards in Tower 1 will have the IOA view but just ask and see. We have stayed in Tower 1 twice...once with a great view of Hulk and Dr. Doom and the water taxi waterway. The next time we were actually facing the entrance to the hotel and could see Citywalk & USO to the far left. Both were good views.

We will ask for a Tower 1 room with an IOA view, if possible. We reserved through hotelkingdom.com. Should I fax a room request to the hotel before we leave home, or just call them now and make our requests?
Also, we are Loews First members, but I wasn't able to reserve the room through them (they told me RPR was sold out - but I got a room from hotel kingdom!). Will we get Loews First benefits?
Thanks again!

I would call and ask them to add your Loews number to your reservation. It can't hurt. I have read here that when booking a discount rate or through a third party some people get Loews benefits while some do not and some are told they won't but still do. We have stayed twice using Ent. rate and APH rates and received benefits each time. Just ask and ask again when you check-in. I would also go ahead and make your room request. When I made my reservation for May, I also made my room requests and was told it is noted on the reservation and they will try to honor the requests. In other words, it isn't guaranteed. The last time we stayed at RPR, I didn't make any special requests ahead of time, but did ask upon arrival and they were accomodating. HTH

Pool Views for Tower 1 are closest to the elevator. Other views can be a hike.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter