Need to know now please

Not sure how tipping has anything to do with who owns the business. Seems you tip the person providing the service.
The reason for not tipping the owner is that the owner sets the prices and keeps the entire amount you pay. So they should set the price at what they feel it is worth/what they need to earn. An employee doesn't set the prices, nor do they keep the entire amount you pay.

I am rarely in this situation, but I do not tip an owner who is providing the service. American tipping culture is out of control, in my opinion.

The owner also has other expenses an employee would not have.............things like paying the utilities (water/electric/gas) as well as the rent/lease/insurance costs of the facility. Some owners may not actually work on the hair of customers while others might. I would assume it costs the same to get your hair done whether the owner or one of their employees performs the work.

The salons that I use do not have an option to add a tip on your credit card, it always has to be in cash.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter