• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New ADR Booking Window 180 Days Out +10 and CRT Price Increase!!

Thanks for posting this info here - I don't get over to the restaurtant board all that often.

I like that Disney is going back to publishing park hours way ahead of time. The rest doesn't much matter to me - my princess is nearly 25 and we've done the castle breakfast. No interest in doing it now - even if it weren't $32,LOL.

Wonder if Disney is just sick of all the calls for CRT and hoping the long advance snd the price increase will decrease demand -

Best wishes -

WOW!! Thanks for posting that! I got our CRT ADR for my little one! I might not have seen that on the Restaurant boards for a couple days!!

I'm so glad they're also posting park hours. I hated making reservations at, say, the Brown Derby only to find out that by the time we're done eating the park would close and we'd have to skulk off home.

You so totally rock!!!!!

Thanks for the mention of this. I don't go to the restaurant board that much and would have probably gone into the 90 day mark thinking that I was prepared. That is a shame about the price increase for CRT.

Bumping for those that need to make ADR's ASAP!

Im glad this information was helpful, as I know how hard it is to secure ADR's these days.

Wow! As soon as I saw this post (and I frequently do visit the restaurants board, tho I was getting tired of all the dining plan niggling there) I called Disney Dining and fixed up ressies for our February school vacation trip. I had thought we had another 3 weeks until we could book, but this change made me make a few hasty decisions.

So I nailed Akershus for 2 different nights, once for all 8 in the party, and one for 4, just myself, DW, DD and DS. I have not yet consulted with our friends to see if their 13 and 11 yr old girls will be interested in this. If not, our other ADR is for the night they fly home. DW and I like the Norwegian food, while the kids like the atmosphere and the princesses (DD also loves smoked fish, so she's a natural for this type of food). It has been so difficult to get into Akershus since they moved over to the "all Princesses, all the time" format; I hope the food hasn't suffered for it.

Thanks for the post! Glad I got in when I did.

FYI
Here is some info from allearsnet on the price increase.

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Beginning February 1, 2006, dining at Cinderella's Royal Table will undergo several changes:[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Breakfast and Lunch will continue as Disney Princess-themed character meals. However, when you arrive at Cinderella Castle for your reservation, a photographer will be on hand to take pictures of your group in the lobby, before you are seated in the dining room. A package with four 4x6 prints and one 6x8 print of your photo, as well as one 6x8 print of Cinderella Castle, in a Cinderella photo holder (valued at $29.95 plus tax) will be delivered to you during your meal, which will be from a fixed-price, set menu. (Additional photos may be purchased.)[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Breakfast: $31.99 ages 10 and up; $21.99 ages 3-9. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Lunch: $33.99 ages 10 and up; $22.99 ages 3-9.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Dinner will become a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. In addition, you will receive a special, unframed, unmatted lithograph (worth $50), given exclusively to diners at Cinderella's Royal Table Dinner. [/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dinner: $39.99 ages 10 and up; $24.99 ages 3-9.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NOTE: Once these changes go into effect (February 1, 2006), payment in full with a credit card will be required at the time of booking for all meals at Cinderella's Royal Table. If you do not have a credit card, the reservation cannot be made. All reservations for dining at Cinderella's Royal Table prior to February 1, 2006, will follow current pricing and deposit payment policies.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Magic Your Way Plus Dining Plan WILL be accepted at Cinderella's Royal Table meals, requiring TWO table service credits.[/font]

Advance Reservation is a must. This is the hardest Character Meal to get a Priority Seating time for![font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] If you want to see Cinderella and can't get in here or want a less expensive meal, try her Royal Gala Feast at 1900 Park Fare in the Grand Floridian.[/font]
Jim.

Well, the DVC MS cast member I talked to this morning still thinks it is 90 days out. I was able to get Jiko and Cape May at under 80 days though. It seems sit downs are pretty hard to book with the popularity of the Dining plans.

Remember -- most things are subject to change, especially operating hours.

magicalmcwho said:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-- Dinner will become a fixed-price, set meal, also, hosted by the Fairy Godmother, who will lead the observance of special occasions like birthdays and anniversaries. You will also have the chance to have your photo taken before dining, with a photo package similar to that mentioned above offered to you during the meal. [/font]
Does this mean the basic 4x6 and 6x8 photos are included in the price of the meal even for dinner?

Since all meals are now fixed price, will the menu change? What does the fixed price include? appetizer, entree, dessert, and drink?

I'm glad I saw this. I called today and booked two dining reservations for my February trip.

By the way, I'll be trying two restaurants I've never eaten at before: Artist Point and Le Cellier.

How do you think that the new 180 day ADR policy will integrate with Candlelight Processional dinner packages in 2006?

If I remember correctly, these packages became available in mid-August this year (approx. 100-120 days prior to the CP events). Do you think that reservations will be hard to come by at this time frame next year?

Isn't CP treated like a hard-ticket event? As such, ADR policy would likely have little or no impact.

No but the CP does offer dinner packages which include special seating for the show. The dinner reservations with the packages did make it difficult for some to book non-CP package dinner reseravtions this year.

LIFERBABE said:
I just read this on the Restaurants board:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=945845

I am so glad I had my opportunity to dine in the castle, as I for one will not pay $32 to have breakfast with Cindy!

Park hours will now be released 6 months in Advance too!
I agree! I was not impressed with the food at the breakfast and even at teh price it was a couple years ago I didn't think it was worth teh money. IMO, more hype than it is worth.

The 180 days thing is great, though!

Thanks for the heads up Liferbabe! I'm sitting in Vegas on a business trip with DH, and I read your post. I Quickly looked at the park hours and called and made some ADR's for our trip in March. I wasn't prepared to make all these difficult decisions today! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter