New adventures?

I thought the same thing. Why so many adult departures?
I’m wondering if it because of school schedules - the December departures would be winter break and the March is around spring break. Other NZ departures seem to be during school times for most kids.

Just read it’s on new bookings booked by end of June 2020, not sure if this would be considered a new booking? I would ask your TA to clarify with Disney....
When I transferred a booking last year, the new booking discounts were not able to be applied. Don’t know if that has changed.

My TA just moved danube christmas cruise from this year to Egypt December 2021... I'm assuming its with the new deposit refund rules in place?
Great question. But how did you book your Danube trip in the first place? New booking or transferred from a cancelled booking? You won't get the new PIF policy if you booked your Danube from an old contract and transferred an old deposit to this Egypt booking. You will be subject to that policy of your Danube trip. Only new bookings apply for the new PIF policy. You probably have the same contract number from your Danube to Egypt. So unless you moved your cancelled trip money to the Egypt trip, then you get the new PIF policy. The question is, is your Danube a cancelled trip rebooking?

Re: adult only trips: does anyone know if regular trips get turned into adult only, if no children are on the trip? Like, will they add the adult exclusive activities if there are no children?

Last edited:
I have to say I'm a little surprised they're booking new trips, and not surprised they're trying to get money to work with.

I actually went to Portugal for 2 weeks this past February. I loved it. If any of y'all go, consider adding on time in Madiera. It was this amazing combination of tropical island and southern Europe, and covered in flowers. After a week there, I'd love to go back and explore some more. It was an easy flight from Lisbon.

Great question. But how did you book your Danube trip in the first place? New booking or transferred from a cancelled booking? You won't get the new PIF policy if you booked your Danube from an old contract and transferred an old deposit to this Egypt booking. You will be subject to that policy of your Danube trip. Only new bookings apply for the new PIF policy. You probably have the same contract number from your Danube to Egypt. So unless you moved your cancelled trip money to the Egypt trip, then you get the new PIF policy. The question is, is your Danube a cancelled trip rebooking?

I booked it last year so I guess it doesn't apply.... :sad:

I booked it last year so I guess it doesn't apply.... :sad:

I'm in the same boat. My deposit is now in "displacement" status so while I have until Dec. 31, 2020 to book a trip and still be allowed to apply any discounts available, my deposit remains non-refundable based on the old terms and conditions. (This was for my solo July SoCal/DL trip). If ABD outright cancels our family, August Rhine Cruise before June 30 and we are offered a refund, I may take advantage of this new policy at that point.

I'm in the same boat. My deposit is now in "displacement" status so while I have until Dec. 31, 2020 to book a trip and still be allowed to apply any discounts available, my deposit remains non-refundable based on the old terms and conditions. (This was for my solo July SoCal/DL trip). If ABD outright cancels our family, August Rhine Cruise before June 30 and we are offered a refund, I may take advantage of this new policy at that point.
Technically, can you book the trip on May 12, 2020 for Adventure Insiders so you get the date you want? Then when your trip is cancelled, you can move the cancelled money to this trip if they allow it, or if they don't then take your refund and then redeposit it to the trip. Since all new bookings get the new policy, there's no loss until PIF date anyway.

Technically, can you book the trip on May 12, 2020 for Adventure Insiders so you get the date you want? Then when your trip is cancelled, you can move the cancelled money to this trip if they allow it, or if they don't then take your refund and then redeposit it to the trip. Since all new bookings get the new policy, there's no loss until PIF date anyway.

I don't think cancelled money can be moved to an already booked trip. I think any credit has to be applied to a new booking. That's how I've understood things. But that may have changed.

I don't think cancelled money can be moved to an already booked trip. I think any credit has to be applied to a new booking. That's how I've understood things. But that may have changed.

This is a pretty poor policy. If they have your money, they have your money.

Tauck said that I got the $500/250 per person if I left the money as a credit, and that if the next adventure I booked was cheaper, that I still got the incentive and would have the excess credit refunded with no penalty. I also appreciated that the credit is for *any* trip, and not just limited to a few slots, or when the kids are in school.

If you cancelled and got your refund and then re-booked with the "cancelled" money, you would be booking at whatever the current rate is, and would only get an Early Booking discount if they were still available (you wouldn't be able to keep the one from the cancelled trip).

Sayhello

I can't believe it but I'm actually considering the June 12th Portugal trip for myself and DD 13. I booked an Italy Greece cruise for 2021 before coronavirus, but it seems unlikely that I will want to cruise on a large ship so soon.

We are not booking for next year but I think the new itineraries sound great.

We were in Auckland before we did the ABD Australia and did the ziplining on Waiheke. It was the BEST! If you want to read about our adventures in Auckland (we also did the World Cup sailing, FANTASTIC!). You can read my Aulani trippie below. It sounds like they lifted OUR itinerary and used it for the trip. Ha! I loved NZ and would highly recommend it to anyone.

I'm comparing the Tauck vs ABD trips to New Zealand. Tauck is 2 days longer, but pricing for 2021 is $11,490+ and don't have the dates I can travel. With the ABD booking discount and price at $8499, flexible cancel policy, I'm tempted to go with ABD. 🙄

Yes, I will only book as a new booking if our August Rhine cruise is canceled and I receive an outright refund. For my SoCal/DL trip in July, my only option was to take a credit as it hasn't been officially canceled yet. While I can book a different trip with that credit, it won't qualify as a "new booking" under the new PIF policy. That deposit credit remains non-refundable. I hope that makes sense. I think a lot of EU countries are going to make more solid announcements about re-opening dates in early May, so, I'm optimistic Ama may make a decision on summer cruising before my May 11 PIF - we will see!

Yes, I will only book as a new booking if our August Rhine cruise is canceled and I receive an outright refund. For my SoCal/DL trip in July, my only option was to take a credit as it hasn't been officially canceled yet. While I can book a different trip with that credit, it won't qualify as a "new booking" under the new PIF policy. That deposit credit remains non-refundable. I hope that makes sense. I think a lot of EU countries are going to make more solid announcements about re-opening dates in early May, so, I'm optimistic Ama may make a decision on summer cruising before my May 11 PIF - we will see!
Not sure if this matters to you but I read if you have or had a July trip, you could already rebook right now for the new 2021 itineraries. I asked because I had a Barcelona short escape booked which I parked the deposit for. I’m guessing they are eventually going to cancel the July trips because of this offer.

We are not booking for next year but I think the new itineraries sound great.

We were in Auckland before we did the ABD Australia and did the ziplining on Waiheke. It was the BEST! If you want to read about our adventures in Auckland (we also did the World Cup sailing, FANTASTIC!). You can read my Aulani trippie below. It sounds like they lifted OUR itinerary and used it for the trip. Ha! I loved NZ and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Thanks for sharing. I was all set to put together our own trip for Australia through Audley for March 2022 and then this came out. I looked through the itinerary and I fell in love with it! I’m now seriously considering doing this NZ trip and pushing Australia back a bit.
Difficult choice, but I know either will be spectacular

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter