New AP Verification?

My current AP does not show the expiry date in Tickets & Passes. It does under my profile -> memberships & passes.

It does not show the expiry date on the Apple Watch …which is the only place I could show the person I had a pass (other than my physical card) because the stupid app kept crashing. Which is why I was extremely frustrated.

So clearly based on responses some people's expiration dates are not shown in some places thus explaining the cast member issue with what they saw. Not sure why people keep saying the cast member needed to be better trained - sounds like most the cast members who never ask for proper verification need to be better trained. Cast member did nothing wrong - wanted to see a place in the app where the expiration was clearly shown.

I still don't understand how someone's MDE showing their AP could be fraudulent. I mean, you could have someone else's MDE on your phone, but they ask for ID. Wouldn't that solve this?

I'm still quite confused over what the OP meant. It was my impression that all I had to show was either my AP card or my AP on the MDE app, listed under Tickets and Passes. I do not have the Wallet nor do I want or need it.
Yeah, I didn't get that either. It was activated by Disney to show up on MDE by their software! It's pretty obvious that our status as passholders had been disseminated across WDW's IT domain for validation.

Disney is the one who activate the yellow thingy in MDE :)

I would speculate that the reason some people can see the expiration date of the AP in the tickets and passes section of the MDE app and it isn't listed there for others might have something to do the the version of the app that they are using. My app is version 7.21 and it shows the expiration date along with the AP QR code. I've also had an AP for at least 9 years.

Could you please explain what you mean? What is the difference between "MDE clearly showed we are AP holders" and "fumbling around a bit in MDE, we found it"?

I'm seriously asking because we're going to be there in 2 weeks, we are AP holders, and I want to know what kind of proof I may have to show.

I know where my tickets are listed on MDE, but I can't figure out what you mean by MDE "clearly showed" that you're AP holders. How else does it show this except by the screen where it shows one's tickets and expirations dates?

I'm sure I'm missing something here, but I'd really appreciate clarification. Thanks!

The yellow Mickey Mouse indicator by my name was activated when I purchased my AP last fall. Prior to that it just showed my name and R2D2. You can drill down to your actual AP in tickets but this indicator is on when you are a passholder.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 8.18.48 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2023-02-21 at 8.18.48 AM.jpeg
    31.9 KB · Views: 4
The yellow Mickey Mouse indicator by my name was activated when I purchased my AP last fall. Prior to that it just showed my name and R2D2. You can drill down to your actual AP in tickets but this indicator is on when you are a passholder.
Wow! I never ever noticed this on my MDE, so I just looked and, yes, it's there!

They already can, they do it for me all the time.

Our expiration dates show on our Ticket/Passes section and the My Profile section. :confused3

I’ve never had anyone swipe our AP card for anything, even a few years ago when they had the hand held scanners right with them for room charging & had me put my PIN code in. It would certainly make things easier if they would.

Last edited:

Ha! I’ve noticed that Mickey icon but never knew that’s what it meant. I’ve had an AP since before I had the app. Maybe it’s always been there so I just thought that’s how the app was supposed to look? 🤷🏻‍♀️. Thanks for the insight!

Just checked my profile and it shows AP w exp date and D+. But it doesn't show my Disney Visa card. Do those of you who show that have it saved to use in your wallet? I use it for purchases but don't generally save any CC info because of all the data leaks that happen everywhere. Not that I need it listed; but just curious why it either shows up or doesn't.

Just checked my profile and it shows AP w exp date and D+. But it doesn't show my Disney Visa card. Do those of you who show that have it saved to use in your wallet? I use it for purchases but don't generally save any CC info because of all the data leaks that happen everywhere. Not that I need it listed; but just curious why it either shows up or doesn't.
My Disney Visa shows up. I guess I've used it for a few things at WDW, but I don't think it's stored anywhere at WDW, although I could be wrong. I use another cc when I'm there. I use the Disney Visa every once in a while so they won't cancel it, but I keep it only so I'll have it when there're discounts I can use it for.

My Disney Visa shows up. I guess I've used it for a few things at WDW, but I don't think it's stored anywhere at WDW, although I could be wrong. I use another cc when I'm there. I use the Disney Visa every once in a while so they won't cancel it, but I keep it only so I'll have it when there're discounts I can use it for.
Interesting, because I do use mine there for some discounts yet it doesn't show up. I actually use it the most at Costco because all my other cards are MCs and Costco only takes Visa.

I’ve never had anyone swipe our AP card for anything, even a few years ago when they had the hand held scanners right with them for room charging & had me put my PIN code in. It would certainly make things easier if they would.
Check? Yes, sometimes. Swipe? Never.
When I say "swipe" I am meaning they can scan my card which to me is the same thing as they both enter the computer system for verification the same way. And I do have a visual memory of swiping many years ago with an older system.

I have:
Florida Resident
Disney Visa Cardmember
WDW AP
Disney+ Subscriber

When I say "swipe" I am meaning they can scan my card which to me is the same thing as they both enter the computer system for verification the same way. And I do have a visual memory of swiping many years ago with an older system.
OK, I'll amend my statement:

Swipe/Scan? Never.

OK, I'll amend my statement:

Swipe/Scan? Never.
So interesting to me since I have had to do it so many times over the last 15 years. Toll booth, stores and at some TS they take it away to verify it so I assume they scanned it.

I would speculate that the reason some people can see the expiration date of the AP in the tickets and passes section of the MDE app and it isn't listed there for others might have something to do the the version of the app that they are using. My app is version 7.21 and it shows the expiration date along with the AP QR code. I've also had an AP for at least 9 years.

I’m at 7.21 and well on iOS 16.2, but no date in tickets/passes. I’ve been an AP for about 5 years or more.

I don’t have any CC saved to my wallet, but my Disney Visa shows up. I do have it saved in MDE to expedite ADRs.

I don’t recall anyone at WDW ever scanning my AP card, just looking at it. UO scans it consistently to know the discount amount.

Nope, haven’t scanned it either. I always put the card on the table with my ID & the gift card as we’re eating our entree. I don’t always remember to mention it when we’re ordering so this way it reminds me & clues them in. Sometimes they pick it up to look at it, but usually, they just say something like, I’ll add your discount. It always amazes me how few actually don’t check closer.

So clearly based on responses some people's expiration dates are not shown in some places thus explaining the cast member issue with what they saw. Not sure why people keep saying the cast member needed to be better trained - sounds like most the cast members who never ask for proper verification need to be better trained. Cast member did nothing wrong - wanted to see a place in the app where the expiration was clearly shown.
Because if you’re only responding to the original post in it they never say the CM was looking for the exp date.

Ha! I’ve noticed that Mickey icon but never knew that’s what it meant. I’ve had an AP since before I had the app. Maybe it’s always been there so I just thought that’s how the app was supposed to look? 🤷🏻‍♀️. Thanks for the insight!
I'd started using MDE a few months before we purchased APs, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed the yellow Mickey indicator come on myself!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter