• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

new blog: How young is too young? Bringing a baby to Walt Disney World

We brought our youngest DD when she was 15 months old. We had a wonderful time! Sure, it's a different experience, but we enjoyed the more relaxed pace.

We brought our oldest son to Disney for the first time at 13 months, and we thoroughly enjoyed taking in Disney through the eyes of a toddler. He viewed everything with such wonder! If you are traveling as a group, know that you will probably have to take a step back and do things at your baby's pace. Ours still ate several small meals a day and napped at least once. Also, we turned in sooner than the rest of our group. Plan to rest in the middle of the day or call it a day a little earlier than you normally would and your experience will be much more enjoyable. I think the key is just to know your child and be prepared to take small time outs along the way. We are in the midst of planning our youngest son's first trip now. He will be 20 months by then, and his older brother (now 4) can't wait to share the magic with him!

We brought our DD at 8 months and 15 months, and we had a wonderful time! Yes, the trip was more "for us" than it was "for her", but she was still front and center on the trip and watching her reaction to meeting Mickey for the first time (her nursery is decorated in Mickey, so she's seen him since she was born) was absolutely priceless!

I took my 4 month old in 2013, it was a wonderful experience! My older son was nearly 5 and really enjoyed everything. I used the dark rides, baby care centers, and seated shows to nurse the baby when needed. We rolled water soaked wash cloths, put them in baggies, and then put them in the fridge, we used these cold rags next to him in the stroller or Ergo carry to help cool him (from under a thin blanket). We had fans on the stroller to help keep him cool. He enjoyed looking at things. It was a great trip for our family!

We are bringing our baby boy at the end of this month, he will be 3.5 months old. DH and I and his big sisters are
so excited for him to experience our favorite place!!!

We took our son at 7 1/2 months, and we are going back for a longer trip for his first birthday. He ended up being a lot more engaged than we imagined, so we can't wait to take him back.

Before we went to Disney, we went to SeaWorld several times (cheap passes). It definitely helped to do an easier theme park first b/c by the time we did Disney, I had the packing list, stroller/carrier strategy, etc. down.

My parents brought me to WDW when I was 6 months old. Granted, I don't remember any of it, obviously, but looking at the pictures are too cute for words! I've gone every year since I was 6 months old and I'm 18 now. I'm in the process of making a photo book of pictures from every single year!

We didn't vacation with ours at all until they were 4. And no Disney until 6 (almost 7).

Gator we brought when he turned 18 months and I was 6 months pregnant with Moose. When we just finish paying for out trip when Moose turned 18 months I found out that I was pregnant. So buttercup turned 2 month at WDW.

We took our oldest DD when she was 14m. I loved it. She had fun. She might have not participated the way an older child does, but no one will convince me she wasn't totally enamored with It's a Small World. Now the characters terrified her, so we just avoided them after her trying to leap from our arms away from Pooh, but it was a lovely trip. As an adult it was much more relaxing than when they are older (4 & 8 now).

My son went for the first time at 10 months old. My daughter was 7; so it was more for her and I did have people suggest leaving him behind but we wanted to stick together. I was also still nursing him at night. And he really enjoyed himself. He loved meeting the characters and looking at everything. He especially enjoyed the rides at Magic Kingdom, the Disney Junior show at DHS, Philharmagic and meeting Handy Manny. It wasn’t his first vacation. I love to travel and introduced travel into each of my children’s lives pretty early. And since shortly after my son was born, we lost dh, my children are the only ones I have as travel companions. Thankfully they enjoy it.

Much like the OP, we went to Disney on our reg scheduled trips and the babies went at whatever age they happened to be. I was 4 years the first time, my brother was 2.5 months, and my sister was 9 months. My step son was 2 on the last trip and this trip we will have one son who is 19 mo, and the new baby who will be just over 4 mo. Just have to make the accommodations to keep them both cool and dry as needed.

We didn't get to take DD until she was 4. But then we started going yearly so DS first trip was at 4 months. That was by far the easiest trip with him. He slept a lot and we were able to do most everything we usually do. His second trip was was at 16 months and he LOVED it. By that time he was watching cartoons and had the best time at the character meals. He also would still nap in the stroller if he got tired so we could still do most everything.

The last 3 trips have been a little different though. He wanted nothing to do with the characters and would get tired of being in the parks and we had to take more breaks. DH doesn't mind the breaks and would take him back to the resort if DD and I wanted to stay at the parks. He also wanted to buy every toy he saw which made it difficult becuase there are more gift shops then anything in Disney.

He's really excited for our October trip though and I'm hoping maybe he'll take a few character pics but he says no. He will be tall enough for SM and EE this year finally and he's excited about that too. He loves BTMRR and ToT.

I've taken a 7 week old and an 11 month old (not at the same time ). And we had a great time.

After everything that went down in Disneyland, I would recommend waiting until the most important vaccinations are given. Still a lot of parents out there who refuse to vaccinate and bring their kids to the parks ill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter