• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New CDC Outdoor Guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Caito

Mouseketeer
Will Disney choose to follow the new outdoor mask guidance that vaccinated individuals do not need to be masked even in crowded outdoor areas, or continue to follow its private company policies.

personally, I hope they start to follow the guidance and allow us to enter the park without a mask. But what does everyone think?

CDC is getting ready to announce new indoor mask guidance as I type....no indoor masking needed for those vaccinated. Also, no outdoor masking needed even if in crowds. We will have to see what privately owned companies/businesses do with that.

I am really hoping for no masks outdoors by the time we go in July. We went to Kings Island (our Cedar Fair park) this past weekend for passholder previews and masks are only required indoors.

It is time to continue getting back to normal and not keep measures in place for those who are making the choice to not vaccinate.

Last edited:
Will Disney choose to follow the new outdoor mask guidance that vaccinated individuals do not need to be masked even in crowded outdoor areas, or continue to follow its private company policies.

personally, I hope they start to follow the guidance and allow us to enter the park without a mask. But what does everyone think?

I doubt it because it would be tough to enforce two sets of rules. "No Masks for vaccinated" people would be no masks because everyody would just claim they are vaccinated.

I am really hoping for no masks outdoors by the time we go in July. We went to Kings Island (our Cedar Fair park) this past weekend for passholder previews and masks are only required indoors.

It is time to start getting back to normal and not keep measures in place for those who are making the choice to not vaccinate.
I'd at least be hopeful outdoor mask requirements would be gone by July, but who knows with Disney. I'm hoping for a shock and they remove outdoor requirements by May 23 (when I get there) 😂.

I don't think it's clear. The guidance is for *vaccinated* people, not all people, so I'm not sure what steps Disney is supposed to take with that guidance. Worth noting that the specifics haven't been released yet so that might make things a bit clearer.

Also, please keep this on topic, no debate or sniping, or it'll join the other threads on the same topic in the graveyard.

Once the CD reduces the restriction indoors, I can see Disney taking the stance that the masks won't be required. But if you are not vaccinated, you are encourage to wear a mask for your own safety. Because by then, those who haven't been vaccinated will be by choice..
But I can't see this happening until children are vaccinated.

I bet once Disney completes its Cast-Member-Bring-5-Friends-For-a-Vaccine-Shot later this month, they'll remove the mask restrictions. At that point, they can say they offered the vaccine to their cast members and all American's have had the opportunity to get the jab if they want it.

I hope the masks are not required soon. I feel like I've done my part and got vaccinated, if someone doesn't want or can't get the shot they can wear a mask for their protection.

Exactly if the CDC says vaccinated folks can go maskless our jobs are done. Disney needs to do the right thing and waive mask requirements. Vaccines are readily available to those who want one, it's time they protect themselves.

Once the CD reduces the restriction indoors, I can see Disney taking the stance that the masks won't be required. But if you are not vaccinated, you are encourage to wear a mask for your own safety. Because by then, those who haven't been vaccinated will be by choice..
But I can't see this happening until children are vaccinated.
The new guidance says indoor and outdoor.

I don't think Disney will be able to say no masks outside/inside for vaccinated people. It would be too difficult to distinguish who is vaccinated and who is not. I hope they will say no masks outdoors for everyone, but until the CDC recommends that, I don't think Disney will change.

I bet once Disney completes its Cast-Member-Bring-5-Friends-For-a-Vaccine-Shot later this month, they'll remove the mask restrictions. At that point, they can say they offered the vaccine to their cast members and all American's have had the opportunity to get the jab if they want it.
I am hopeful this is the way things head, we are vaccinated and I will get my kids vaccinated when I can. At some point we have to realize the people who want it (visitors or cast members) have had their opportunity, and parents are making the choices they feel are right for their family. I can understand some safety precautions but outdoor masking in summer heat is going to be miserable. We'll still go and have a good time, but we've done our part and want to get back to normal now that nearly everyone is able to make their choice about vaccination.

I don't think Disney will be able to say no masks outside/inside for vaccinated people. It would be too difficult to distinguish who is vaccinated and who is not. I hope they will say no masks outdoors for everyone, but until the CDC recommends that, I don't think Disney will change.
I think by July - Disney pulls the mandatory mask mandate - recommended for those who are not vaccinated - by July we will be at Herd Immunity (honestly, in a few weeks I think we will be there) and it becomes an recommendation.

I am hopeful this is the way things head, we are vaccinated and I will get my kids vaccinated when I can. At some point we have to realize the people who want it (visitors or cast members) have had their opportunity, and parents are making the choices they feel are right for their family. I can understand some safety precautions but outdoor masking in summer heat is going to be miserable. We'll still go and have a good time, but we've done our part and want to get back to normal now that nearly everyone is able to make their choice about vaccination.
Agree - we have done our part too - it's time to allow life to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter