New Disney Film insensitive to adopted kids!!!

I am also an adopted "child", but I just pasted 50 yo. Anyway, I never even thought that the trailer was making fun of me. It is a comedy about humans rasing a bear, lighten up.

I don't remember who, but someone here on the dis has a tag line that reads
" Blessed are the flexible, for they will never be bent out of shape"
I like that:D
may we all be more flexible.......:)

I can see how some people would be offended by the comment, and I agree that everyone should form their own opinons. Of course, I don't have an adopted child, so I don't have that viewpoint to see it from.

One of the movies that everyone has been comparing it against is Lilo & Stitch, which of course teaches Ohana - Stitch can be a part of the family even though he is different. So both movies portray being different and that's ok cause you still can be part of a family.

But why is everyone NOT up in arms because the Bear "Runs Away" to find his family?
Why is everyone not up in arms that Lilo is obviously too young to be on her own, yet is left that way by Nani repeatedly?
Why is everyone not up in arms that Randall from Monsters Inc wants to kidnap and hurt children with his scream extractor?
Why is everyone not up in arms that Gaston is pigish towards Belle and takes it as far as attempting to kill Belle's love? I can come up with other examples. My point is that with so many other subtle negative messages that the movies send to us, getting upset at Disney for using grossly exaggerated humor to express a point is the last thing on my list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter