New Disney Resort picture of the day Plz read

_DSC0630-1-X2.jpg

Landing above the lobby at Yacht Club

_DSC0630-1-X2.jpg

Landing above the lobby at Yacht Club

My sister and I stayed here for a week, not that long ago. It was wonderful. We would pass this area on the way to our room, to our beautiful lagoon view upgrade. I'm hoping that maybe they can add to this resort across the street, and maybe make a DVC (I'm not a member...yet). I understand they are also refurbishing YC next. Can't wait!

How is autofocus on that and do you use it? I just cant seem to get that mastered.

I do use the AF and it's average on the NEX-7. I run into trouble with subjects moving towards or away from me. I believe a A6000 or A63000 would be a significant step up in AF for me.
I also use focus peaking for manually focusing some Minolta Rokkor and old Olympus lenses I've picked up. The form factor of the NEX-7/APS-C works great for me, especially when at Disney. So easy to carry around with an extra lens or two. It's the Full Frame itch I'm getting that has me looking at the A7rii. How has your experience been with it?

I do use the AF and it's average on the NEX-7. I run into trouble with subjects moving towards or away from me. I believe a A6000 or A63000 would be a significant step up in AF for me.
I also use focus peaking for manually focusing some Minolta Rokkor and old Olympus lenses I've picked up. The form factor of the NEX-7/APS-C works great for me, especially when at Disney. So easy to carry around with an extra lens or two. It's the Full Frame itch I'm getting that has me looking at the A7rii. How has your experience been with it?

I guess I would like it better if I could get better focus. With photos you can easily use manual or spot focus but for video using autofocus it seems to hunt all the time, and thats using sony lenses. Full frame is good but you should use cropped for video. Full frame video degrades quality and doesn't help the overheating issue. Battery life, as I'm sure you've read, ain't very good...you just have to carry extra batteries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter