New DVC DVD!! (Updated with screen caps and audio!)

pilferk

Jambo Wildbunch Gang
When we bought in for AKV, our guide told us there was a new 8 page brochure and DVD coming out to coincide with AKV going on sale. He offered to send it to us.

We got it yesterday. The brochure is nice, but the DVD, for AKV fans, is AWESOME. There is a 15+ minute "making of" special feature called "A Village Comes to Life", all about AKV and it's development. There's tons of interesting info like Kidani means "necklace", and the building is designed to sort of look like a necklace, with the "buildings" representing beads. Information like the building is actually layed out the way it is to look like the horns of a Cape Buffalo. Neat stuff like that. I'm going to have to watch it again there's so much there.

I wish I could extract and post the video somewhere....but I'm not sure if that's "allowed".

Kidani means "necklace", and the building is designed to sort of look like a necklace, with the "buildings" representing beads.

Yep, and Uwanja is the word for "playground or sports field". And the pools name, Samawati, means "Sky or Heavenly Place".

All the names appear to be Swahili words, as I find out what the names are I've been looking them up online to see what the literal translation is.

The site I've been using is, ttp://research.yale.edu/cgi-bin/swahili/main.cgi

johno

Anyone have a direct link to order; or is it on the member site somewhere?

My guide's a busy bee, never in the office; would luv to order (DHs a visual sort of guy; might entice him afterall;) ).

Anyone have a direct link to order; or is it on the member site somewhere?

My guide's a busy bee, never in the office; would luv to order (DHs a visual sort of guy; might entice him afterall;) ).

I THINK you can order one off the main site:

www.disneyvacationclub.com

But I'm not sure they'll send them to existing members or not...worth a shot, I suppose. Like I said, our guide just volunteered to send one out when we "bought in" to AKV...which I thought was quite nice of him.

:)

The ON-LINE version is the old version..........Nothing about Animal Kingdom? I wonder if the DVD your guide sent you is different than the one we can order from the member site?

The ON-LINE version is the old version..........Nothing about Animal Kingdom? I wonder if the DVD your guide sent you is different than the one we can order from the member site?

Yup, I noticed that too (the online version being the old version).

What we got was another copy of the dream book, with an 8 page "brochure" (roughly the same "size" as the dream book), and a "red" DVD (the one we had gotten previously was blue). I think it might be the standard package they're sending out to prospective new members.

I've got the DVD with me at work...I was going to try to get the special pulled off and uploaded somewhere (about 600+ megs) but attempts to do that directly from the VOB files results in a pixelated mess...along with the fact I don't know if I'm "supposed" to post it.

FYI, Roy Disney makes an appearance talking about DVC and AKV in particular. I've got the special playing now. :)

Here's a screenshot of something I've not seen before:

vlcsnap-13322.png

I'm going to try to pull some more interesting screen shots and perhaps, at least, extract the audio of the DVD into MP3 and post it. We'll see if it works....

Thanks for the heads up. We are heading down on Friday and I am going to ask my guide for one. :thumbsup2

And here's some more screenshots of things I haven't seen:

First up, proposed site plans

vlcsnap-60827.png

vlcsnap-61189.png

vlcsnap-61887.png

vlcsnap-61974.png

Then, some pool area pics

vlcsnap-62427.png

vlcsnap-62295.png

vlcsnap-63170.png

Another pool area artists rendering:

vlcsnap-63558.png

And a pic showing the "new" savannah, which, they say, will have animals not found anywhere else at AKL...animals exclusive to the AKV savannah!! :)

vlcsnap-65029.png

Thanks for posting the pics!

Ok, time to speculate on the pool area.

The big structure to the right will be Community Hall and bathrooms?
The smaller structure to the left will be the pool bar?
In the middle is the interactive water area.
Does anyone have any idea what the water area next to the large structure might be?

What we got was another copy of the dream book, with an 8 page "brochure" (roughly the same "size" as the dream book), and a "red" DVD (the one we had gotten previously was blue). I think it might be the standard package they're sending out to prospective new members.

Question, I keep hearing everyone refer to the "dream book." Am I missing something, What is this? We bought in Oct. 2005 and maybe I have this material but, I'm not sure. I will call my DVC guide and ask for it but, I want to make sure that I don't have it already!

Question, I keep hearing everyone refer to the "dream book." Am I missing something, What is this? We bought in Oct. 2005 and maybe I have this material but, I'm not sure. I will call my DVC guide and ask for it but, I want to make sure that I don't have it already!

It's a dark shade of sky blue, hardcover, 1/2 sized ( the 1/2 being 1/2 height) coffee table book, with the word "dream" embossed on the cover (hence the common referal to the "dream" book). It explainins the workings of, and extolls the virtues of, DVC. It's a couple hundred pages, and contains pics of the resorts, floor plans of the rooms, and bunches of other info. The best part about it is it has some stunningly good photos. In the back cover of the book is also all the discloures, financing info, and "sales lead" stuff, as well as a DVC DVD. Really, it's a sales tool sent out to prospective buyers...but it's an uncommonly high quality one, IMHO. We like just leafing through it, truth be told, and looking at the pics. With the 2nd one in the house now, the kids have their own copy. Saves wear and tear on the "adults" copy. :)

Wow, pilferk, thanks for posting these photos, etc!! The more I see, the more excited I get :yay: - I think the pool area looks AWESOME !! My guess is that that is a kiddie pool at the end of the water play area and next to what is probably the community hall. I'm hoping that they use the community hall to run some of the wonderful kid's activities at AKV that they have at AKL :thumbsup2 .
I called my guide and left a message about trying to get a copy of the 'dream' book and the new DVD with AKV footage - my sisters are all very interested and I'd love to share it with them.

Glad people are enjoying the pics.

I now have the 700 meg video extracted, but figured posting it might not be such a great idea. :)

Thank you for those pictures! They make me even more thrilled that we bought there! I think it's going to be a fabulous resort (AKL already is, but I think AKV will make it even more terrific!).:thumbsup2
BTW, are those paths through the savanna areas?

Thank you for those pictures! They make me even more thrilled that we bought there! I think it's going to be a fabulous resort (AKL already is, but I think AKV will make it even more terrific!).:thumbsup2
BTW, are those paths through the savanna areas?

I think they're "roads" for the animal "maintenance" (feeding, rangling, etc) vehicles...but that's just a guess.

I think they're "roads" for the animal "maintenance" (feeding, rangling, etc) vehicles...but that's just a guess.

Probably right. I do see paths directly in front and behind the resort (Kidani Village), most likely for AKV guests who wish to walk over to the Lodge (Jambo House).

Great pics, thanks. I'll tell you one thing, great ready for the complainers of long hallways to talk about this one. I think I hear grumbling from Richyams up in heaven already.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter