New Englanders, can you help with a clam boil?

Allie322

<font color=green>And the health to wear it<br><fo
My family loves a clam boil with steamers. THe problem is that we are having a larger than normal gathering and I will need to use more than one pot. The one I have has a steamer bottom with a big pot on top. That's the only way I've ever made this meal. I have large lobster-type pot but I really don't want to have the clams boiling in the water at the bottom. I looked to buy another pot like I have but the cheapest one I can find is $40.00--not worth it for the rare times I'd need 2 pots. Any suggestions?

Just go ahead and dump them in the pot you have with a little beer if you want. You can put them in by themselves too--the pot won't burn. They won't boil in the liquid, there won't be enough in there! Just keep the pot tightly covered, and they will steam in their own juices.

If you are really worried about them touching the bottom of the pot, you could put some corn on the cob into the bottom of the pot, then add the steamers, though I don't think this is necessary.

Don't forget to strain the clam juice to get the sand out! I hate gritty steamer juice.

Thanks. I knew someone would come through for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter