New Express Transportation: $19/day or $29/week-SERVICE ENDING AUGUST 23RD 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how long they've had this (and not sure if anyone else has posted about this), but they've finally started posting times at the check in stations, hopefully MDE is coming soon? (even though I know times have not changed for months)

Attachments

• IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 60
So if AK & EP both close at 9, but EP has EMH, then is the last AK->EP at 8:50 or 9:20?

So if AK & EP both close at 9, but EP has EMH, then is the last AK->EP at 8:50 or 9:20?
since AK is still open you will have the 9:20 bus. At least you should. This is one of the things I would confirm beforehand

if AK was not open you would not. They don't run bus TO parks in EMH not from.

since AK is still open you will have the 9:20 bus. At least you should. This is one of the things I would confirm beforehand

if AK was not open you would not. They don't run bus TO parks in EMH not from.

@AngiTN I think you're backwards on this answer, but maybe I am. Here's the OP's scenario:

EP closes at 9:00 to regular guests, so there would NOT be a 9:20 bus TO Epcot from AK.

@AngiTN I think you're backwards on this answer, but maybe I am. Here's the OP's scenario:

EP closes at 9:00 to regular guests, so there would NOT be a 9:20 bus TO Epcot from AK.
Oh I'm sure I'm backwards. I had had the hardest time with that post for some reason. I kept getting mixed up. Clearly never did get it right.

Should stick with the standard answer
if the park you are going to has closed for regular operating hours there is no express bus running to that park. Period. It is that easy to figure out

Should stick with the standard answer
if the park you are going to has closed for regular operating hours there is no express bus running to that park. Period. It is that easy to figure out

However there is an 11pm bus leaving from MK to AK when regular hours at AK end at 11pm.

However there is an 11pm bus leaving from MK to AK when regular hours at AK end at 11pm.
I recall you mentioned that before. I think Pandora has changed a few things, that's for sure.

I think keeping with the rule that no buses for EMH is good with an * to ask in regards to AK while they are running nightly EMH. It's changing rules all over the place. Granted, it's not lasting all that much longer anyway. What they do now may not be what they do when they switch to a more normal EMH schedule (whatever that is)

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, but I'm having problems with the search function.

If MK closes at 10:00, what time is the last bus to AK, when it's open till 11:00 (with EMH till 1:00)? Is there a last bus at 10:30, or will the last one be at 10:00?

I'm sure this has been asked somewhere, but I'm having problems with the search function.

If MK closes at 10:00, what time is the last bus to AK, when it's open till 11:00 (with EMH till 1:00)? Is there a last bus at 10:30, or will the last one be at 10:00?

Bus will depart at 10:00, since that route runs on the hour and half hour. If your route ran on the 10s and 40s or 20s and 50s, the last run would be the first scheduled departure after 10:00PM - so, at 10:10 and 10:20.

The last bus will not depart before normal park closing time, but will occur at park closing time, if a bus is normally scheduled to run at that time.

Bus will depart at 10:00, since that route runs on the hour and half hour. If your route ran on the 10s and 40s or 20s and 50s, the last run would be the first scheduled departure after 10:00PM - so, at 10:10 and 10:20.

The last bus will not depart before normal park closing time, but will occur at park closing time, if a bus is normally scheduled to run at that time.
Since it's AK and things are not running quite as normal right now I would confirm that day what time the last bus will run. Probably 10 but it's possible they'll do a 10:30. I'd ask just to be sure

9:43 - Star Wars Fireworks finish.
9:47 - I'm sitting on the bus to MK

Achievement unlocked.

I had a good view from between the two pillars and did not leave until after the final firework popped.

Bus departed 9:50pm exactly.

I really wish they would delay these last buses to let more people make the bus.

10:06 - Arrive MK

Rode Buzzlightyear

Now on 10:30pm bus to AK having already completed visiting and doing attractions in all four Parks in one day.

Just for the record there is a 11pm bus from MK to AK when AK closes at 11pm

10:51pm back in AK. Probably not the fastest route from studios to AK.
That's awesome! Any special route you used to get to the bus stop? We will have a stroller with us so not sure if we'd be able to make it. We are FAST walkers even with a stroller. Can have daughter on my back to make folding stroller quick. You have given me hope!!

9:43 - Star Wars Fireworks finish.
9:47 - I'm sitting on the bus to MK

Achievement unlocked.

I had a good view from between the two pillars and did not leave until after the final firework popped.

Bus departed 9:50pm exactly.

I really wish they would delay these last buses to let more people make the bus.

10:06 - Arrive MK

Rode Buzzlightyear

Now on 10:30pm bus to AK having already completed visiting and doing attractions in all four Parks in one day.

Just for the record there is a 11pm bus from MK to AK when AK closes at 11pm

10:51pm back in AK. Probably not the fastest route from studios to AK.
Wow...I can't believe you made it to the bus in 4 minutes after the fireworks! I guess you unlocked the achievement. Weren't you dodging a million other people to get the bus after the fireworks ended?

Wow...I can't believe you made it to the bus in 4 minutes after the fireworks! I guess you unlocked the achievement. Weren't you dodging a million other people to get the bus after the fireworks ended?
Actually no. Once I was out of the square, it was clear sailing down to the Express bus location. I'll do a more detailed report of my Express bus experiences including photos (not including any backstage photos of course) soon.

I just did a repeat of the schedule on the first page, with transport times added if anyone wants to copy and laminate the schedule. That's what I'm planning on doing myself, in an 8pt font so I can fit it into my pocket.

FROM MK:
On the hour a bus goes to AK
10Min after a bus goes E
20Min after a bus goes to HS
30Min after a bus goes to AK
40Min after a bus goes to E
50Min after a bus goes to HS
FROM EPCOT:
On the hour a bus goes to HS
10Min after a bus goes to MK
20Min after a bus goes to AK
30Min after a bus goes to HS
40Min after a bus goes to MK
50Min after a bus goes to AK
FROM HS:
On the hour a bus goes to E
10Min after a bus goes to AK
20Min after a bus goes to MK
30Min after a bus goes to E
40Min after a bus goes to AK
50Min after a bus goes to MK
FROM AK:
On the hour a bus goes to MK
10Min after a bus goes to HS
20Min after a bus goes to E
30Min after a bus goes to MK
40Min after a bus goes to HS
50Min after a bus goes to E
In each park the service runs
Until one bus past the closing
time.
MK-AK 25 min.
AK-EP 22 min.
EP-HS 13 min.
HS-MK 17 min.

I just did a repeat of the schedule on the first page, with transport times added if anyone wants to copy and laminate the schedule. That's what I'm planning on doing myself, in an 8pt font so I can fit it into my pocket.

FROM MK:
On the hour a bus goes to AK
10Min after a bus goes E
20Min after a bus goes to HS
30Min after a bus goes to AK
40Min after a bus goes to E
50Min after a bus goes to HS
FROM EPCOT:
On the hour a bus goes to HS
10Min after a bus goes to MK
20Min after a bus goes to AK
30Min after a bus goes to HS
40Min after a bus goes to MK
50Min after a bus goes to AK
FROM HS:
On the hour a bus goes to E
10Min after a bus goes to AK
20Min after a bus goes to MK
30Min after a bus goes to E
40Min after a bus goes to AK
50Min after a bus goes to MK
FROM AK:
On the hour a bus goes to MK
10Min after a bus goes to HS
20Min after a bus goes to E
30Min after a bus goes to MK
40Min after a bus goes to HS
50Min after a bus goes to E
In each park the service runs
Until one bus past the closing
time.
MK-AK 25 min.
AK-EP 22 min.
EP-HS 13 min.
HS-MK 17 min.
This is great - thanks! Pasting it into my notes for Aug!

I recall you mentioned that before. I think Pandora has changed a few things, that's for sure.

I think keeping with the rule that no buses for EMH is good with an * to ask in regards to AK while they are running nightly EMH. It's changing rules all over the place. Granted, it's not lasting all that much longer anyway. What they do now may not be what they do when they switch to a more normal EMH schedule (whatever that is)

So is this transport option sticking around or going away?

It's as permanent as anything is at Disney these days.

You know what's messed up? We have been saving and waiting for YEARS to plan this Orlando trip. I finally start in January, and freakin MSEP leaves and comes back to California, on a year when we weren't planning to go to DL!!! That made me so upset. Then, I hear all about Wishes for years and years, and that's gone now. I am hopeful that maybe Paint the Night will be in MK by the time we come lol. You never know! But this, I REALLY want this to stick around at least until after our vacation. This would be a huge help for us as we love park hopping, used to it, and it just sounds super convenient for like if we get bored at HS and want to hop over to Epcot and do something else.

I've seen some folks mention they thought this wasn't gonna last - what would you say the odds are it will still be there the first week of Sept.? Just trying to plan ahead - and I think this sounds fabulous :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter