New flooring in rooms - No carpets

Next time stuff a towel across the bottom of the connecting door. That takes care of 90% of that noise.

Think it sounds silly? Try it and you'll see (or "not hear", technically...:))

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try this next time. It was quite annoying when you are trying to sleep and can hear every word from the room next door.

When you check in, just call Mouekeeping and ask them to come mop your floor if it isn't clean enough. I'd call them if there were any other housekeeping issue.

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to try this next time. It was quite annoying when you are trying to sleep and can hear every word from the room next door.

To be fair, I have often heard MORE noise from non-connecting rooms. Almost like people think “Oh, no door! We can be loud!”

With carpeted rooms...how often do they vacuum? Is it every time a guest vacates a room, before a new family checks in? Do they ever vacuum in the middle of your stay? I do notice that when we are there for a week or more the floors start to look a little “not great”. I’m thinking they don’t vacuum during that time.

If I spill something then I take care of it myself. But if I check in and the floor is sticky/dirty, I will call them to have it taken care of, just like any other issue.

Unfortunately, they will most likely not take care of it. I addressed the dirty floor at Pop Century directly with my housekeeper. I did not speak the same language as her so communication was difficult. She indicated to me that the only thing she had to clean the floor was a dry Swiffer type mop that was on her cart.

I tried leaving notes in my room about it as well, on the tip envelope that I use. All of this was to no avail. After a period of time of devoting my vacation time to managing Disney's cleanliness problems I decided to grab some pool towels and try to clean the floor myself. It was disgusting. These floors need to be steam cleaned on a regular basis.

I had a discussion with a roaming manager at the front desk about all the problems I was having with the room. (Dirty floors and the absence of a WIFI signal) I think that housekeeping knows they have a problem but they are doing the minimum and hoping that people don't notice. These floors are truly disgusting and I would take a carpet that gets vacuumed over the ratty, dirt magnet, sticky, vinyl flooring that they are putting in the rooms.

Unfortunately the remodel has turned the rooms at Pop Century into sterile, fluorescent lighting, hospital rooms. This was not done for the comfort and convenience of the guests. This was done to facilitate faster cleaning and more durable finishes. The bean counters at Disney had a hand in this remodel and it was not for the better. The "Stock Price Pimp" that owns Disney must be paid, and it's coming on the heels of garbage like this remodel.

~NM

Last edited:
My feet are calloused enough that I'm immune to dirty hotel floors. Although many of the Hilton properties I stay in actually provide those slippers (they're more like sandals but same otherwise) along with the robes I never use either. 8-)

The carpets were most certainly not cleaner than hard floors. They do not get vacuumed everyday and often not even between guests (in all my 40-some-odd trips I've never once seen a housekeeper with a vacuum or even heard a vacuum being run). They certainly aren't shampooing them regularly. You just can't see the filth, but it's there.

The carpets were most certainly not cleaner than hard floors. They do not get vacuumed everyday and often not even between guests (in all my 40-some-odd trips I've never once seen a housekeeper with a vacuum or even heard a vacuum being run). They certainly aren't shampooing them regularly. You just can't see the filth, but it's there.

That was what made me think to ask my question a few posts back...I couldn’t think of any instances where I’ve heard a vacuum being run! Sort of crazy, unless they’ve got some super quiet vacuums!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter