New golf cart rules, you need insurance if not using disney carts!

I can easily see them add a bring your own cart fee at 50 $ a day.
Not that they HAVE to, but what would be their justification for that? An external cart might weigh more and thus cause additional wear on the driving surfaces and cost FW more in maintenance and repair? What a slippery slope that would be.

So cart decorators would have to creatively try harder to stand out and would probably excel.

Bama Ed
Structural weight limitations, battery size and quantity limitations, etc. could create a dent into ingenuity. And who would be responsible if you damaged said cart? Their insurance and at what percent?

1715102750310.png

I have seen other campgrounds charge to bring your own cart. People pay it because its still less then renting one. They will have a new revenue stream that costs them nothing.

Not that they HAVE to, but what would be their justification for that? An external cart might weigh more and thus cause additional wear on the driving surfaces and cost FW more in maintenance and repair? What a slippery slope that would be.
They could just say it costs more to plug in and that they have to pay more for insurance on top on the insurance you already have. In realty it would be a money grab.

Just wanted to add I finally got through on the phone lines (5 min wait yesterday). Disney offered both 4 seater and 6 seater golf carts. Seems the 6 seaters are more popular, or perhaps there’s fewer of them, as the CM wasn’t sure there were any 6 seaters left for my dates in August. I didn’t make her check since we are a party of 3.

It is $70/day for 4 seater and $90/day for the 6 seater which includes tax.

Every new and improved offering from Disney just makes me more and more excited to go and spend my money......... Not.
PS: This doesn't even fall within my "get off my lawn" category. This is just we really want to limit the number and type of people that we want here. Hyperbole, maybe. A kernal of truth? Yeah, I think so.

Just wanted to add I finally got through on the phone lines (5 min wait yesterday). Disney offered both 4 seater and 6 seater golf carts. Seems the 6 seaters are more popular, or perhaps there’s fewer of them, as the CM wasn’t sure there were any 6 seaters left for my dates in August. I didn’t make her check since we are a party of 3.

It is $70/day for 4 seater and $90/day for the 6 seater which includes tax.
I also called yesterday to reserve a 4 seater golf cart for December and had zero wait. This is in contrast to the 90 minute phone wait folks were reporting when Disney first announced the rule changes.

Every new and improved offering from Disney just makes me more and more excited to go and spend my money......... Not.
PS: This doesn't even fall within my "get off my lawn" category. This is just we really want to limit the number and type of people that we want here. Hyperbole, maybe. A kernal of truth? Yeah, I think so.
got to keep all the riff raff campers out of our Resort...oh wait, I'm one of those RR campers, never mind.

I have seen other campgrounds charge to bring your own cart. People pay it because its still less then renting one. They will have a new revenue stream that costs them nothing.
That might be the softball way around it for Disney. I don't know if Disney is self insured or use an outside company, but that would be the way to fund it. Of course anyone who does have insurance would get sucker punched.

That might be the softball way around it for Disney. I don't know if Disney is self insured or use an outside company, but that would be the way to fund it. Of course anyone who does have insurance would get sucker punched.
I will bet they are self insured. Small towns do that, Disney is huge.

I just got off the phone with KennyTee Time. She said they are still renting golf carts to the fort. I made an eight night reservation for mine the beginning of September. She said Kenny is going and getting the insurance that's needed for him to have all of his carts covered with the 100/300 amounts that they are requiring. She said what they're having to do now is when you bring your cart in be at your own or an off-site rental that you drive in yourself You have to sign a waiver basically the same as if you're getting it from Disney themselves.

She said there has been a real crackdown because there's been a lot of off-site vendors not doing it the way Kenny does where you meet off property and drive it in yourself under your own name on the reservation. She said there was a lot that were going in and having their name added onto the reservations for people so they could drive in and deliver it themselves. There was too many doing that which cause problems with Disney obviously. But she said they're doing it the same way they have been for years meeting off property and then either putting the trailer on your own vehicle or using their truck. And they'll have all the insurance taken care of

I just got off the phone with KennyTee Time. She said they are still renting golf carts to the fort. I made an eight night reservation for mine the beginning of September. She said Kenny is going and getting the insurance that's needed for him to have all of his carts covered with the 100/300 amounts that they are requiring. She said what they're having to do now is when you bring your cart in be at your own or an off-site rental that you drive in yourself You have to sign a waiver basically the same as if you're getting it from Disney themselves.

She said there has been a real crackdown because there's been a lot of off-site vendors not doing it the way Kenny does where you meet off property and drive it in yourself under your own name on the reservation. She said there was a lot that were going in and having their name added onto the reservations for people so they could drive in and deliver it themselves. There was too many doing that which cause problems with Disney obviously. But she said they're doing it the same way they have been for years meeting off property and then either putting the trailer on your own vehicle or using their truck. And they'll have all the insurance taken care of
Will this actually work? I thought the insurance had to be under the owner of the golf carts' name, not a blanket policy from a rental company. Question is, will Disney actually check? I hope it does, as Disney doesn't have enough carts, currently, for everyone who may want to rent one once this new policy goes into effect.

Will this actually work? I thought the insurance had to be under the owner of the golf carts' name, not a blanket policy from a rental company. Question is, will Disney actually check? I hope it does, as Disney doesn't have enough carts, currently, for everyone who may want to rent one once this new policy goes into effect.
My guess is he's going to get the policies under his name not the name of the company. That way he can do it. But even still that shouldn't matter if it's under a rental company name because unless like Kenny they know the name how do they know I didn't rent it where I live and drive it down myself? it's still a rental but I am bringing it on my own. It's just like a car policy when you rent one. The company owns all the insurance policies on the vehicles and the individual user or renter is allowed to be covered under that policy

My guess is he's going to get the policies under his name not the name of the company. That way he can do it. But even still that shouldn't matter if it's under a rental company name because unless like Kenny they know the name how do they know I didn't rent it where I live and drive it down myself? it's still a rental but I am bringing it on my own. It's just like a car policy when you rent one. The company owns all the insurance policies on the vehicles and the individual user or renter is allowed to be covered under that policy
Car rental is a little different than a golf cart. I was under the impression, from what I've read, that the person bringing the golf cart to FW would have to show proof of their policy with their name on it. Like a digital insurance card or paper, if not electronic. Will definitely be interesting!

Car rental is a little different than a golf cart. I was under the impression, from what I've read, that the person bringing the golf cart to FW would have to show proof of their policy with their name on it. Like a digital insurance card or paper, if not electronic. Will definitely be interesting!
She told me that when you go in now you have to show the proof of insurance that they'll give you and sign the waiver. My guess would be that proof of insurance is going to have my name on it because I'm the renter from him. It's no different of a policy that Disney would have on their own golf carts. They take out a blanket policy for anybody that's using it at that time. There's a name for what it is I just don't remember. I only sold insurance for a few months lol

I emailed Kristin (with Kenny- TeeTime) last week. She said pretty much the same thing as above. Kenny was working with Disney now on exactly what would be needed/required, but she/he was pretty confident they would be able to work something out.

I'm not going again until November, so I'm going to give it a few weeks before a make a 2nd reservation with the Fort. The detail above sounds like they are getting a plan together,

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter