New Jersey DVC Members Group

What part of NJ are you from?

• Total voters
The wind is just starting to pick up here. Hard rain on and off. Got a little darker.

After the storm in Cape May

On the right is a plastic walkway that got moved around. No one is allowed on the beach, and lifeguards are keeping people away.

A bit cooler today! How is everyone?
Is anyone here from Seaside? My friend lives in Seaside Park, and the whole island was without power last night. I wonder if it’s been restored.

A bit cooler today! How is everyone?
Is anyone here from Seaside? My friend lives in Seaside Park, and the whole island was without power last night. I wonder if it’s been restored.
We came through the storm in good shape, just one small limb down in our yard. Neighbors were not so lucky. Counted seven trees down in the immediate area. Fortunately nobody lost power.

Just read tidbits of Bob Chapek’s quarterly report. Not getting the anticipated attendance at Disney World. Well yea! The number one supply of people who attend WDW is being quarantined by the Florida governor. We just made it official and canceled our family trip beginning August 30. We do have points that will now expire on October 1 so we booked a four night for the last week of September for the DW and I. We shall see.

We came through the storm in good shape, just one small limb down in our yard. Neighbors were not so lucky. Counted seven trees down in the immediate area. Fortunately nobody lost power.

Just read tidbits of Bob Chapek’s quarterly report. Not getting the anticipated attendance at Disney World. Well yea! The number one supply of people who attend WDW is being quarantined by the Florida governor. We just made it official and canceled our family trip beginning August 30. We do have points that will now expire on October 1 so we booked a four night for the last week of September for the DW and I. We shall see.
I hope you can go!
Our next try at going to WDW is for December.

Looks like it's official - NY/NJ/CT quarantine rescinded by DeSantis.

Currently holed up at my parents' house, power still out at my place. Debating what I should do with Sept/Dec trips now that I *can* go...just not sure if I should.

With my health I'm pretty sure I shouldn't go, but no one has ever accused me of having good sense, we leave in 16 days. :rotfl2:

Looks like it's official - NY/NJ/CT quarantine rescinded by DeSantis.

Currently holed up at my parents' house, power still out at my place. Debating what I should do with Sept/Dec trips now that I *can* go...just not sure if I should.
In some ways not surprising that days after Chapek talks about some many cancellations, Desantis changes his mind. What changed from a month ago?

Now comes the decision on whether to rebook the family trip.

Well we did lose power for about 50 hours. Luckily we have a small generator so we could keep our freezer going. Now it seems that our fridge isn't working...always something. We are waiting for the repair man, I'm hoping he can fix it so we don't have to buy a new one.

I'm so happy that our power is now on again, it's so nice to be able to flush the toilets. The things we take for granted until we don't have them. I don't know what kind of pioneer I would have been but I guess if you never had something you don't know what you're missing...

My DH asked me what I want for my birthday, I told him a whole house generator! ::yes::

Well we did lose power for about 50 hours. Luckily we have a small generator so we could keep our freezer going. Now it seems that our fridge isn't working...always something. We are waiting for the repair man, I'm hoping he can fix it so we don't have to buy a new one.

I'm so happy that our power is now on again, it's so nice to be able to flush the toilets. The things we take for granted until we don't have them. I don't know what kind of pioneer I would have been but I guess if you never had something you don't know what you're missing...

My DH asked me what I want for my birthday, I told him a whole house generator! ::yes::

You can flush your toilet by taking a bucket of water out of that tub you filled and dumping it in the bowl. :thumbsup2

You can flush your toilet by taking a bucket of water out of that tub you filled and dumping it in the bowl. :thumbsup2

Thanks Pooh12863 that's what we did but sparingly...We have well water so no power = no running water so no shower. Used bottled water to brush teeth and visited our daughter to take showers.

Our power went out again on Thursday for a couple of hours. Went out again early Friday morning while we were sleeping so I don't know for how long and a short brownout on Friday. Everything seems to be ok now thank goodness!

We were able to get our fridge partially fixed, it is cold again but the water feature for ice and water on door is broken. I can live without that for a few, waiting on the part. We needed to have the "mother board" replaced so the compressor would work again...glad it's fixed as much as it is.

I was thinking about going on the DVC MC this coming June but have decided I would rather have a whole house generator. What a trade off...LOL... :rotfl2:

Well I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Have a magical day! :tink:

^Hi! i think your decision is a good one. Of course, once you get that generator, you will never need it!

I am still waiting on call back to pay for the Member cruise. It was not a better system this time, IMO.

Last edited:
^Hi! i think your devision is a good one. Of course, once you get that generator, you will never need it!

I am still waiting on call back to pay for the Member cruise. It was not a better system this time, IMO.

Funny I said the same thing to my DH but I still think it's a good decision and should be an asset if and when we decide to sell our house. Now we just have to get pricing and right after all the power outages I'm sure the prices could be higher than normal. :(

Thanks Pooh12863 that's what we did but sparingly...We have well water so no power = no running water so no shower. Used bottled water to brush teeth and visited our daughter to take showers.

Our power went out again on Thursday for a couple of hours. Went out again early Friday morning while we were sleeping so I don't know for how long and a short brownout on Friday. Everything seems to be ok now thank goodness!

We were able to get our fridge partially fixed, it is cold again but the water feature for ice and water on door is broken. I can live without that for a few, waiting on the part. We needed to have the "mother board" replaced so the compressor would work again...glad it's fixed as much as it is.

I was thinking about going on the DVC MC this coming June but have decided I would rather have a whole house generator. What a trade off...LOL... :rotfl2:

Well I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Have a magical day! :tink:

What part was causing your ice/water problem? After the many times power kicked on and off, the fridge is cooling but the water stopped flowing.

By the way, we got a whole house generator after the long Sandy outage. Best thing ever! (But those constant power surges from useless JCP&L finally damaged something.)

So, they called me to pay for Member Cruise as the Mack’s pizza was brought to table!! So, now I am on line waiting (28 minutes so far). Ugggg

Praying mantis has moved to hummingbird feeder. If you make the 2nd two pics larger you can see the hummingbird trying to sneak a drink. DH saw the praying mantis on the feeder eating a bee the other day. Sorry I missed that shot.

Attachments

• 7E2F5700-5939-4FF6-BBED-C8F9B9B5B832.jpeg
    7E2F5700-5939-4FF6-BBED-C8F9B9B5B832.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 4
  • 6F010A7F-6339-47F0-B707-C6B996F645BA.jpeg
    6F010A7F-6339-47F0-B707-C6B996F645BA.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 7E01FE6B-91DD-43E7-88F1-86DE82E7A882.jpeg
    7E01FE6B-91DD-43E7-88F1-86DE82E7A882.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 9B1BA89A-72B2-4816-82EA-33B78CCB0893.jpeg
    9B1BA89A-72B2-4816-82EA-33B78CCB0893.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 5
What part was causing your ice/water problem? After the many times power kicked on and off, the fridge is cooling but the water stopped flowing.

By the way, we got a whole house generator after the long Sandy outage. Best thing ever! (But those constant power surges from useless JCP&L finally damaged something.)

I don't know what the part is called just know we need a new one...Thanks for sharing that you are happy with your whole house generator. Yes we lost power during Sandy, just seems to be happening to often lately. We have PSEG not sure how they compare to your provider. Our repairman said to contact them and try to make a claim. I have been pretty busy today, will try tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter