New Orleans eateries

ms.yt

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are going to NOLA in February, and I'd love some suggestions for casual, local "hole in the wall" type restaurants.

My husband and I are going to NOLA in February, and I'd love some suggestions for casual, local "hole in the wall" type restaurants.

Port Of Call

AMAZING burgers and HUGE stuffed baked potatoes for a good price.

Big cheap beers(come on.....:confused3)

http://portofcallnola.com/

ETA- I went and looked at the menu and the prices seem to have gone up a little..I think we paid like $10 for ou burger and potato LOADED with toppings...But it is still REALLY good

Deanies Seafood in the French Quarter...on Iberville I believe. They have a full seafood platter or a half. A half would easily feed 4. Great stuffed shrimp.

Port Of Call

AMAZING burgers and HUGE stuffed baked potatoes for a good price.

Big cheap beers(come on.....:confused3)

http://portofcallnola.com/

ETA- I went and looked at the menu and the prices seem to have gone up a little..I think we paid like $10 for ou burger and potato LOADED with toppings...But it is still REALLY good

Darn -you beat me to that answer! Port of Call is awesome. And definitely hole in the wall.

Mardi Gras is in February so expect crowds where ever you go. All the places named so far are all well known and are listed in every tourist book so plan for long waits at all of these during MG.

Mardi Gras is in February so expect crowds where ever you go. All the places named so far are all well known and are listed in every tourist book so plan for long waits at all of these during MG.

We're going to be there the first weekend in February, so we're hoping that crowds aren't too bad since Mardi Gras will still be a couple of weeks away.

Not a hole in the wall, but just a short hop from the WWII museum and our current food place in NOLA.

Cochon's and Boucherie. Boucherie is sandwiches and Couchon's is a yummy, yummy restaraunt. Both use flavor profiles from MY home part of Louisiana - Lake Charles. OMG good.

http://www.cochonrestaurant.com/

Acme Oyster Bar is okay, but there's a place that's just as good, less crowded and cheaper just down the way. I forget the name, but it's like a block away, I think.

It's the ultimate tourist dive, but I always love stopping at Cafe du Monde for cafe au lait and beignets. Sugar and sugar and caffeine! Also, in the quarter, I like Jimmy Buffet. Yeah, it's a tourist spot, but it's good. They have a 100 calorie margarita that makes the Skinny Girl 'ritas cower in shame.

I loved the Gumbo Shop. Felix's Oyster Bar was very good.

Not a hole in the wall, but we though Oliviers was fabulous.

Frankie and Johnny's uptown on Tchapitoulous

The coffee pot for breakfast. In the Quarter

Mothers but expect a line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter