New RIV and SSR incentives

Time will tell. But at 12 years after Riviera has sold out, the Crescent Lake DVC resorts will have less than 10 years left until expiration. While not at a walking distance, RIV should still be the easiest to get to Epcot via Skyliner. As time passes, the direct price of RIV may be set much higher than any actively sold resort, which will also have the same resale restrictions. There will be more "restricted" DVC resorts in the resale market. Hopefully, this combination would keep the resale value higher... At least that's what I would hope as an owner. :)
I'll be interested to see what BWV and BCV come back as and what their point charts will be in 2042. They don't have the deluxe feel of Riviera but we all know Disney is going to charge a premium for that location. People balk at RIV's point charts now, RIV may end up feeling like a bargain come 2042 lol.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I hypothesize that RIV resale is still trading at a premium because it is shiny, newish, and in active sales…. Let’s see what happens when it is 12+ years old and starting to show its age and there are new, or freshly remodeled, resort offerings that people are locked out of.
On the other hand, there might be 3 or 4 more restricted DVC properties by then, which would make RIV not such an outlier. Contracts locked to one resort could be fairly common by then. Plus by then the 2042 resorts will be in the home stretch, with presumably even more restricted resorts taking their places. People are weird. They get used to stuff, or they come in after the change and don't know any other way.

I'll be interested to see what BWV and BCV come back as and what their point charts will be in 2042. They don't have the deluxe feel of Riviera but we all know Disney is going to charge a premium for that location. People balk at RIV's point charts now, RIV may end up feeling like a bargain come 2042 lol.
That will be very interesting. I could see them easily being around Riviera's chart, or between RIV and Poly/GF

On the other hand, there might be 3 or 4 more restricted DVC properties by then, which would make RIV not such an outlier. Contracts locked to one resort could be fairly common by then. Plus by then the 2042 resorts will be in the home stretch, with presumably even more restricted resorts taking their places. People are weird. They get used to stuff, or they come in after the change and don't know any other way.
But if someone purchases RIV direct then they most likely won’t have to worry about 2042+…. they can just use the points wherever they want…

That being said, I am 80% resale, 20% direct…. So I am in no way anti-resale. #TeamHybrid

Yep, as time goes on, the most important thing as always will be to buy where you want to stay.
I am still team “buy where you don’t mind staying”, I’m good with staying at any of the DVC properties, and quite honestly, after the SSR renovation we choose it over other options as we see that the value for your points are better.

But, that’s our situation. Everyone is different…

Good point about resale only being restricted to RIV. While I did know that, I kind of spaced that if we go direct, we can at least use the points at other resorts if need be. We really do think we would use primarily at RIV but having an option never hurts!
RIV is my top resort and if I was in the position to buy now...and needed 150....I would jump on it. But, DD is getting married in 2025 now and I have to show restraint....not easy when this would get me to 1050 points and put me in the 1000 club....lol

I am still team “buy where you don’t mind staying”, I’m good with staying at any of the DVC properties, and quite honestly, after the SSR renovation we choose it over other options as we see that the value for your points are better.

But, that’s our situation. Everyone is different…
Yeah I love SSR, the reno they did was fantastic. I definitely have no issues using my resale points there but part of me still feels like if I’m paying the dues, I’m okay with paying a little more if it means I can grab for example a BLT TPV on July 4th or NYE compared to SSR which always has availability. In the case of my sub AUL, being able to book during summer without any issues. For my AKV, having a chance at getting concierge/value rooms which obviously isn’t a guarantee but each time I’ve stayed at AKV I’ve done a combo of value studios and concierge studios to get the maximum amount of value and essentially get 2 full days of concierge with the second day being value. Everyone has their preferences but just personally I’m team buy where you want to stay.

Yeah I love SSR, the reno they did was fantastic. I definitely have no issues using my resale points there but part of me still feels like if I’m paying the dues, I’m okay with paying a little more if it means I can grab for example a BLT TPV on July 4th or NYE compared to SSR which always has availability. In the case of my sub AUL, being able to book during summer without any issues. For my AKV, having a chance at getting concierge/value rooms which obviously isn’t a guarantee but each time I’ve stayed at AKV I’ve done a combo of value studios and concierge studios to get the maximum amount of value and essentially get 2 full days of concierge with the second day being value. Everyone has their preferences but just personally I’m team buy where you want to stay.
Yeah, I get that. We own at BLT to get SV studios at Labor Day for MNSSHP, but that’s about it. Most stays, we just try to maximize our points.

Fully understand, though, own where you want to stay if you have to have a certain room…

I own at BWV and I just bought some RIV points just to make sure I had something in that area when 2042 came around cause I hate to think what they will charge for BWV/BCV then and what the point charts will be.

RIV is my top resort and if I was in the position to buy now...and needed 150....I would jump on it. But, DD is getting married in 2025 now and I have to show restraint....not easy when this would get me to 1050 points and put me in the 1000 club....lol
You get a special terry cloth robe when you join… it’s very soft… 🤣

I'm not sure what the current incentive is but i bought in the fall. Here's my total:

150 points x $217 = $32,550

- $1,085 (5 points free)

- $1,500 (current incentive)

- $1,500 (welcome home - had an upcoming reservation)

- $22 x 150 points = $3,300 (magical beginnings)

$25,165 = $167/point

So if it comes out to $173/point now before closing costs, then it is not as good of a deal but not that much of a difference.

You also need to factor in closing costs. I broke my contract up into two 75 point contracts, so I also paid $952.66 ($476.33 for each contract x 2) in closing costs.
My math says this promo is almost the same:

150 points X $217 = $32,550
- $2,550 Current Member Incentive
- $1,000 Riviera Special Offer
- $1,000 Welcome Home
- $20 x 150 points = $3,000 Magical Beginnings

$25,000 = $166.67 / point before closing costs

With the 6 extra years, it's actually a better deal (cost per point for life of contract) than the Grand Floridian "Fire Sale" this summer.

I was just trying to do the math in hopes it may be helpful to someone 🤷‍♀️ This extra $1,000 incentive may be meaningful for someone who was otherwise on the fence, if Riviera is a property they’re interested in and/or the timing is now right for them to buy.

I was just trying to do the math in hopes it may be helpful to someone 🤷‍♀️ This extra $1,000 incentive may be meaningful for someone who was otherwise on the fence, if Riviera is a property they’re interested in and/or the timing is now right for them to buy.
Oh no and I appreciate it but I think it's funny that we're scrimping over 300 dollars but realistically most of us have committed or will commit hundreds of thousands to DVC. It just really gives some perspective about like how foolish it is to stress over like 2 dollars per point 😂. This isn't limited to here either, I'm talking about the ROFR thread as well. I know when I got my AKV I was kinda upset I saw someone get a contract for like 3 dollars less per point. If it makes sense for you to buy, you should just buy instead of trying to time it perfectly. I'm just saying the offers they're giving for RIV really aren't that different and they've consistently been 167-170. I know it's subjective how much the 300-500 dollars matters to each person but in the grand scheme of things, it really doesn't. But also if it really does make that big of a difference for you, maybe it's not the right time to buy.

Sorry if our silliness came across as unappreciative or condescending… it was not the intent.

I think we are laughing at ourselves, or at least I am. My wife calls me a “DVC Nerd” all of the time. When I ask her what she would call herself, she clarifies that she is a “Disney Park Nerd”. 🤣

You are 100% correct that the calculations could be very important to someone trying to make a large financial decision.

Sorry if our silliness came across as unappreciative or condescending… it was not the intent.

I think we are laughing at ourselves, or at least I am. My wife calls me a “DVC Nerd” all of the time. When I ask her what she would call herself, she clarifies that she is a “Disney Park Nerd”. 🤣

You are 100% correct that the calculations could be very important to someone trying to make a large financial decision.
What if you're a Disney park nerd AND a DVC nerd? 🤔

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter