New Strategy for Deciding Which Park on Which Days?

PSUGuy

Bill From PA
OK, ASSUMING as a BW resort guest with Platinum APs we'll be able to reserve one park for each of our 9 day, late Oct trip, does it even matter, given the changes, which park we do on which day? Previously I'd consult various park crowd prediction sites to decide, we always hit Epoct on our first day and avoid WS on Sat of F&W but otherwise we avoid crowded parks when possible, I'm guessing crowds won't be a factor, at least not for a while. Thoughts?

Bill From PA

I was thinking the same thing - does it really matter now? I just hope I can get MK on our last full day - that's just my personal preference and tradition to end my trip there. If not, I'll deal...at least I'll be at Disney!

It will be interesting to see to the new park reservation system. With ADRs now at 60 days, I would think you should be able to reserve your park day before the 60-day mark so that you know which in-park ADRs to try for

My understanding is that they're doing away with FP+ for the time being. They need the extra line space to accommodate social distancing and the thinking is that with less crowds, FP+ will be unnecessary because of fewer people in the parks.

I don't think it'll matter anymore crowd wise, but I really hope that the reservations are not timed. I bought an extra day on our tickets so we could get into the parks on arrival day.

I'm thinking it may be better for me to go to the park with a later closing time (Epcot/DHS) when I arrive and later opening on days I might want to sleep in. I think I may try for earlier close times nearing the middle of the week to give me more time to sleep and on the day I need to start driving back home (AK). I'm assuming Epcot will be busiest on Fridays/Saturdays, but I don't know if that will happen if the food / entertainment options are limited.

Given that it's the same amount of attendance everyday, it doesn't really matter....

No specific numbers have been released, and I don't expect that they will be released. It's possible that the crowds will be different depending on the park, day, etc.

But to your point, no one will really know any strategies until the parks are actually opened, and people have a chance to see the crowds.

My hope is that as with FP+ selections, resort guests get to access the reservation system before off site guests. If I've paid for tickets AND paid for a room, that only seems fair.

Bill From PA

They have already said that people with hotel reservations and tickets will be given priority over those that do not. So, I think it seems logical. I think as to park on what day, just flip a coin :confused3 Since there really is nothing to hold you to a park, it doesn't really matter. The only issue is if you want to do a park on arrival or departure day, then you want to get the park that allows the maximum amount of time. So a late park, Epcot or DHS, on arrival day, and an early park, MK or AK, on departure day.

I've thought to ease transportation and ensure capacity they might assign resorts to theme parks each day. It could help get enough buses to each resort to allow buses that aren't packed. I also figure the bus schedule is why each park is open exactly ten hours with staggered opening times. I know if they do that it will bring a wave of other problems of preferred parks, but the canceling of all fast passes and ADR's does eliminate that conflict. Then they can re-evaluate after a few weeks.

I've thought to ease transportation and ensure capacity they might assign resorts to theme parks each day. It could help get enough buses to each resort to allow buses that aren't packed. I also figure the bus schedule is why each park is open exactly ten hours with staggered opening times. I know if they do that it will bring a wave of other problems of preferred parks, but the canceling of all fast passes and ADR's does eliminate that conflict. Then they can re-evaluate after a few weeks.

We are totally driving to the parks. I just can't see myself on a bus in July. Maybe it won't be the normal terror it is now :rotfl2: I don't think I really want to do the monorail either; I don't want to be stuck with others in an enclosed space for that long. Maybe the boats, ferries, and Skyliner, if one party/cabin.

@soniam what's so funny about hoping FP+ is gone for good. If I could cross the border and had reservation I would go. I love the changes cause it involves no planning.

I'm just laughing because I have been thinking the same exact thing, even though I am a very detailed Disney planner. I just made FP for my July trip a week or so ago and dining for my November trip on Saturday. I do like what they do at Disneyland too. I will go with whatever rules they set, as long as I know what the rules are.

I'm just laughing because I have been thinking the same exact thing, even though I am a very detailed Disney planner. I just made FP for my July trip a week or so ago and dining for my November trip on Saturday. I do like what they do at Disneyland too. I will go with whatever rules they set, as long as I know what the rules are.
I have never understood the love of planning a theme park trip down the last minute. Every park I travel to all I plan is where I'm staying. I just go with the flow for the rest of it. I have no idea what I fancy eating for lunch 6 months out. I will its a big reason why I like Universal better.

Another factor for us is knowing whether there will be further capacity restrictions for entering certain areas of the parks, once you have secured your park reservation. I've heard rumors that SWGE may be closed, for example. I am hoping Disney will clarify exactly what rides/attractions will be OPEN (there has been a lot of speculation on what may be closed, but I want to see a list of what will be OPEN!) to visitors during this time. For us, that will determine which parks we want to visit. Good luck to everyone out there trying to organize (can't say "plan"!) a visit during this time. Our trip is early August, so likely too soon after reopening to expect any measures to relax. We are trying to stay as flexible as possible, but need to know some further information before we can fully commit to even making the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter