I’m super excited (and super nervous) for my last-minute trip to DLR over MLK weekend. We will be driving north on I-5, hoping to arrive at DLR by 5am on Saturday the 18th. Do you think the traffic will be backed up for miles with people trying to get there early for ROTR? We will be parking at DLH, not at one of the garages (if that makes a difference).

The 18th is an EMH at Disneyland, so there’s no chance they’ll change the park opening hours, right?

I plan on entering the park at 7am that morning. I understand SWGE isn’t open for EMH, but what is the best strategy for getting on Smuggler’s Run right at park opening? Or should I wait to ride it at the end of the night?

I told my son he could build a droid for his birthday. He’s going to be 5 and super excited! Wondering if I should nudge him toward an R2 unit or BB unit? Does it matter? Is one better than the other?

His birthday is the week after ROTR opens. I’m really debating doing this a few days before the ride opens versus doing it on his birthday and fighting the insane crowds that I imagine will be in the land. Any opinions on that?

I told my son he could build a droid for his birthday. He’s going to be 5 and super excited! Wondering if I should nudge him toward an R2 unit or BB unit? Does it matter? Is one better than the other?

His birthday is the week after ROTR opens. I’m really debating doing this a few days before the ride opens versus doing it on his birthday and fighting the insane crowds that I imagine will be in the land. Any opinions on that?
I just typed out a long response and your thread merged and it wouldn’t post; it just kept telling me the thread couldn’t be found. 😭😭😭

So, TL;DR version is go with R2 and I don't think it matters.

Are the reservations for Droid depot up yet? If so, make a reservation just in case it's crowded. I would say do the R unit. Much easier to use. Plus over time, if he wants to customize it he can.

I just typed out a long response and your thread merged and it wouldn’t post; it just kept telling me the thread couldn’t be found. 😭😭😭

So, TL;DR version is go with R2 and I don't think it matters.
Ugh! I hate when that happens. Thank you for the effort you put into your original post, lol! And thank you for weighing in!

Are the reservations for Droid depot up yet? If so, make a reservation just in case it's crowded. I would say do the R unit. Much easier to use. Plus over time, if he wants to customize it he can.
They are up. Seems to be wide open. I can’t decide if I’m gonna go on 1/21 or the week prior. The only thing making he nervous about 1/21 is what if it’s so crazy to get into DL that we can’t park, have to wait for hours to just get through security and the turnstiles? :confused:

They are up. Seems to be wide open. I can’t decide if I’m gonna go on 1/21 or the week prior. The only thing making he nervous about 1/21 is what if it’s so crazy to get into DL that we can’t park, have to wait for hours to just get through security and the turnstiles? :confused:
I honestly don’t think that’ll be an issue on 1/21. Maybe I’m crazy. But if anything, just come a bit later - the ROTR crowd, if it materializes, will be early and aiming for a BG - that will be the bottleneck, not the park or even land as a whole.

I honestly don’t think that’ll be an issue on 1/21. Maybe I’m crazy. But if anything, just come a bit later - the ROTR crowd, if it materializes, will be early and aiming for a BG - that will be the bottleneck, not the park or even land as a whole.
This is a great point! I had not thought of it this way... thank you!

Ugh, DLGal has informed me Irvine Unified has 1/21 off. Might need to rethink my plan.

I booked my Savi's appointment for 8:10AM. Will they let me into the park a bit early so that I can arrive at the workshop on time?

Access into SWGE hasn’t been limited since the first day it opened. You should be fine!

Access into SWGE hasn’t been limited since the first day it opened. You should be fine!

My question was about entering Disneyland, since this is 10 minutes after opening for the day. First visit to Disneyland so not really sure how they will handle it. Usually go to WDW.

My question was about entering Disneyland, since this is 10 minutes after opening for the day. First visit to Disneyland so not really sure how they will handle it. Usually go to WDW.

Entry procedures at DL are that they usually start scanning people in a bit early and then there are ropes at the lands, so this is similar to MK. The ropes will drop at park open. One thing to remember is that DL is smaller so it wont be a long walk from the rope. You'll be fine to make your appointment.

Entry procedures at DL are that they usually start scanning people in a bit early and then there are ropes at the lands, so this is similar to MK. The ropes will drop at park open. One thing to remember is that DL is smaller so it wont be a long walk from the rope. You'll be fine to make your appointment.

Good to know. Thank you.

Good to know. Thank you.

Do try to be at the front gate early though as those lines can get very long. They start scanning in pretty early though usually as far a I recall. They use hand scanners and take your photo on first use of a ticket so it can be a little slower than at WDW. Still, I don't anticipate you should have any problems. Enjoy your trip!

How to best to plan for SWGE – Millennium Falcon. We will be in the parks January 11th & 12th, staying on property. We will plan to be first in line at rope drop on Saturday – 4 adults. I see that SWGE does not normally open for MM. Prior to SWGE, we normally ride Peter Pan first, along with collecting our morning fast passes. Should we head straight to SWGE and wait for opening? Can just one person wait in line while others enjoy rides for the first 30 minutes or so? Which entrance is best? So many questions. Really appreciate some guidance on a strategy to avoid long lines in SWGE. We will likely go single rider on the next ride, but want the first one to be all toghether. I have experienced the ride in WDW in October - I am just trying to figure out how best to avoid long lines at Disneyland

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter