• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Since I saw the movies in release order - with what came to be known as Episode IV first, I have to go with watching them in release order.

Rogue War
Solo

Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are prequels. Which means they are movies that came before. See 4, 5 and 6 first. They are the best. The heart of what makes Star Wars be Star Wars. Episodes 1-3 do not accomplish that. They tell a prequel story once you know 4-6.

:wizard: :darth::chewy:
Totally agree with this! Watch in release order!

My trip is one year away, and I am making a list of all the movies I have to see before entering Disneyland, like Guardians of the Galaxy and the Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. However... I am total Star Wars-virgin, and I have no idea where to start. Which Star Wars movies should I watch, and in what order to enjoy SWGE the most :)
Thanks...!
I needed that information as well... gotta do some shopping first though... I knew you did that list but this saves me some time searching around ...

Hmm, Disney is probably thinking you should subscribe to Disney+ so you can watch them without buying the individual movies! :rotfl2:

Hi all,

I will be visiting MFSR for the first time in a couple weeks, and could use some advice.

I am not a gamer. I do not play Playstation or other such games, have no joystick skills, amd do not have fond memories of shoot-em-up games or any current or past shooting games. The only games I play are non-violent, point and click, mystery solving type games. Given that... what position is best for MFSR? I would like to try this ride, but don’t want to ruin anyone else’s enjoyment. Would love thoughts and advice!

Thanks,
Ray

I suck at video games. Kids at work love it because they know if they play me they will win lol. You’ll be fine. You literally just hit the buttons that light up. Pilot needs a little more skill, but that can be easy if you ride in the back enough and watch what to do enough times.

I don't play a ton of video games, maybe I'll race a friend once every month or so, and I scored perfect as gunner. All you have to do is push the buttons that light up.

Agree with people recommending Gunner & Engineer as easier than pilot. But, even pilot isn’t that’s complicated because steering is split between the two seats: one controls up/down, the other left/right. It’s way way less complicated than driving a car.

Since I saw the movies in release order - with what came to be known as Episode IV first, I have to go with watching them in release order.

Rogue War
Solo

Episodes 1, 2 and 3 are prequels. Which means they are movies that came before. See 4, 5 and 6 first. They are the best. The heart of what makes Star Wars be Star Wars. Episodes 1-3 do not accomplish that. They tell a prequel story once you know 4-6.

:wizard: :darth::chewy:

release order is important if you don't know anything about the story at all.
there is a pretty big twist in episode 5. if you watch in timeline order, it won't be a twist at all and it won't have nearly the "wow" impact.
again, if you know nothing about the story, don't rob yourself of that moment.
my 2 cents.

release order is important if you don't know anything about the story at all.
there is a pretty big twist in episode 5. if you watch in timeline order, it won't be a twist at all and it won't have nearly the "wow" impact.
again, if you know nothing about the story, don't rob yourself of that moment.
my 2 cents.

Very important point. The first six films were made in that order for a reason.

Oga's reservation question on the 14 days. We will be in the parks Monday and Tuesday September 23 & 24. Do Itry for a reservation on Sunday the 9th, or Monday the 9th? And at 7am Pacific?
Thanks!!

Notes from Batuu on Monday, August 26:

At 10:05, the Fantasyland entrance was still closed, but they said it would open “within the next hour.” By 10:30, I saw people coming in through that and the Frontierland entrance. I’m guessing they wait for the MFSR line to stop stretching back that far before they open the others.

At 10:10, I was able to grab an Oga’s reservation for one at 11:00. I then saw that the line for Oga’s wrapped almost down to the TIE fighter and thought I made a bad plan, but now at 10:40, the line is normal - maybe halfway down the wall. Not sure why it spiked... maybe a lot of 10am “post-breakfast” rezzies?

I saw three people “scanning” on the datapad over by Oga’s, but haven’t seen anyone else on the PlayDisney app at all. Lots of people on the regular Disney app, taking pictures, and several playing Pokémon or other phone games. The gameplay aspect of the land really seems to be a bust.

I thought the Ronto’s breakfast wrap went to 11, but it’s only 10. Still haven’t tried it. Whomp-whomp.

MFSR has claimed 75 minutes the whole time I’ve been here, but the visible part of the line has fluctuated quite a bit.

Droid backpacks were in stock at 10:10 and 10:30, with almost every person in line buying them. The CM said they “may not last long.” No personality chips. There are Kyber crystals, but they’re behind the counter and you have to ask there to find out which ones.

I’m off to Oga’s for one last visit before I’m out for awhile - I have surgery tomorrow, so this is my Batuu fix for a bit! If anyone has current Batuu questions, hit me up in the next hour or so and I’ll try to get the answers before I go. I haven’t been here alone... ever, so I’m enjoying wandering at my very own pace. ☺

I’m off to Oga’s for one last visit before I’m out for awhile - I have surgery tomorrow, so this is my Batuu fix for a bit! If anyone has current Batuu questions, hit me up in the next hour or so and I’ll try to get the answers before I go. I haven’t been here alone... ever, so I’m enjoying wandering at my very own pace. ☺
I hope your surgery goes well! Take care :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter