New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is probably the driving force to it but the general change in society to non-traditional school schedules, and an increase in homeschooling, has given people the option to be more flexible to move away from the hotter days. And Disney's trick with regards to "free" dining has worked very well. Call something free (even when it's not) and they'll run for it, and ask questions later.
I agree with the uptick in homeschooling. I think that will continue to rise.

Of course it will make someone change their dates - I don't think WillowRain literally meant not one person will choose based on price. But I don't think most will. I know for us we have to choose vacation weeks based on school, when My DH is on call, when his partners already took off, when he can get 2 weekends in a row, activity schedules, etc...and then add on when we actually WANT to go. So with all of that going into when we go to Disney, I'm not going to also look at the Disney calendar to see when the tickets might be a little less expensive. That's just too much to take into consideration, and we're already spending so much that won't be our deciding factor. Maybe, just maybe, if 2 different times worked (like June or August, for example, to go right when school ends or right before it begins) I MIGHT take a peek at the price differences, but unless it was a drastic difference (and by that I mean something like a 50%-100% difference, not $20-$30 a ticket) I would not let that sway me on when I wanted to go.

Thank you. That's all I meant. I am not going to totally scrap my June trip because September tickets are 70 bucks cheaper. While I am glad I got a deal, I would still not totally rearrange my life for 70 dollars. Now if we were all buying a 10 day pass, I may reconsider, but that's not the case this time. In 2 years when we do not have AP, this will sway my decision, but also we are DVC so hotel discounts do not factor in.

Still trying to decide if I should purchase an e-ticket from UCT & try to upgrade it to an AP voucher...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter