New to DL always at WDW I have a AP question

Yes they do, though from my understanding not as frequently or as large as some of the WDW discounts.

you have to have a Disneyland AP....a WDW AP will not get you a room discount at a DLR hotel. In March 2004 we got PPH for $59.00 on a Sunday and $79.00 M-TH. I would not pay more for PPH, but it was worth it at that price. If you stay onsite at Disneyland, stay at DLH or GCH. :banana:

Also my understanding is also unlike WDW they ask for your Disneyland AP # when you book the room. WDW you can book but do not need to have the AP until you check in.

Thanks for all the responses....!!! I'm going to have to look into it...I have never been to DL or California for that matter so a trip maybe in the near future!!!

Due to the high number of APs, the discounts can be very hard to get. Also, because there are only 3 Disney Hotels at DL, discounts are not released very early. Normally you will see a discount released no more than 30 days out. With the 50th, there are going to be very limited discounts.

I started calling for room reservations for 2005 in the summer of 2004. They started taking reservations in August. I was able to secure an annual pass discount at this time. The discount was not a lot, but any bit helps. I did not have to have the annual pass at the time of reservation and I still do not have it. I just need to buy it before I check in. I would guess by now a lot of the AP discounted rooms are already booked, but I would keep trying.

Everytime I have checked on AP rates, the discounts have not been more than 6 weeks out. You are extremely lucky to have gotten such. Lately, prices have been much better through Expedia. The Cms will "tell " you you are getting an AP discount, but it is usually the same rate as AAA. Special AP rates have codes associated with them that you must ask for. These codes are not circulated far in advance. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter