New trips for 2016!! On Feb. 16th

I think offerings are limited cause they're new trips.
I don't think that's the reason. Lots of other new trips have offered Adults Only trips the first year they were offered. I took Alaska the first year it was offered, as an Adult Only trip. Scotland, South-East Asia and Greece, just to name a few, all offered Adults Only departures during their first year.

Sayhello

Yes, but were those new trips added mid-season? I think new trip plus mid season means limited dates

Last edited:
Could be, but the mid season trips announced in previous years had adult only dates. Maybe Disney is dropping adult only trips since those groups tend to be smaller and they want to try for 40+ people on every departure. :rolleyes1

Oh, I hope not. I don't mind going on trips with kids, but it is really nice to have the adult only option. I guess time will tell.

Could be, but the mid season trips announced in previous years had adult only dates. Maybe Disney is dropping adult only trips since those groups tend to be smaller and they want to try for 40+ people on every departure. :rolleyes1
:scared1:

Sayhello

SE Asia used to have an adults only trip but not anymore, or at least not for 2016. That's one of the main reasons we went with Nat Geo to go to SE Asia. I will be very surprised to see them put an adults only trip on for Central Florida. That's not WDW's key demographic.

We only go on their adult only trips. I was sorry to see Montana did not have one and the Wyoming trip never has. I have been on 4 ABD trips and all of them have been full. I think they are missing a demographic for some of the US trips.

We only go on their adult only trips. I was sorry to see Montana did not have one and the Wyoming trip never has. I have been on 4 ABD trips and all of them have been full. I think they are missing a demographic for some of the US trips.

Unfortunately adults are not the demographic that Disney targets in any thing they do. A prime example of this is the fact that all but 2 of their South East Asia trips happen in the summertime, when kids are off school. Never mind the fact that it's monsoon season in South East Asia with some areas getting upwards of 60+ inches of rain. I have found that the number of adult only offerings is dropping, not increasing. None of the new trips have an adult only option.

Unfortunately adults are not the demographic that Disney targets in any thing they do. A prime example of this is the fact that all but 2 of their South East Asia trips happen in the summertime, when kids are off school. Never mind the fact that it's monsoon season in South East Asia with some areas getting upwards of 60+ inches of rain. I have found that the number of adult only offerings is dropping, not increasing. None of the new trips have an adult only option.

I am aware of this and my money is going to other companies as a result.

I hope that they don't start moving towards doing away with adult trips all together. We don't have kids but have done two adult only trips and 3 that included children in the group. I much prefer having the option of an adult only trip which is what we will opt for when the dates work in our favor. I just saw there were no adult only options for China this year, unless of course they already took place. I hope there is an adult only for that one in 2018. Fortunately, it looks like Italy does have adult only options and will for next year. If BSM dates don't work out in our favor for next year we may well cross Italy off the list and would prefer an adult only.

I hope that they don't start moving towards doing away with adult trips all together. We don't have kids but have done two adult only trips and 3 that included children in the group. I much prefer having the option of an adult only trip which is what we will opt for when the dates work in our favor. I just saw there were no adult only options for China this year, unless of course they already took place. I hope there is an adult only for that one in 2018. Fortunately, it looks like Italy does have adult only options and will for next year. If BSM dates don't work out in our favor for next year we may well cross Italy off the list and would prefer an adult only.
That's interesting. The dates for the China ABD for September and October are listed as Adults Only in the brochure, but not on the website. I wonder if it's a mistake or if they changed them. That would really suck if they stopped doing Adult Only trips for China, as it's very high on my list for 2017, but I'm not sure if I want to do it non-Adults Only.

Sayhello

Interesting update! I was just on the ABD website and saw they have switched some of the WDW trip dates to adult only! They also made one of the DC trips adults only. :tigger: No adults only for Montana though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter