New Vendor Drop-Off Policy? Update: CONFIRMED exclusive drop off vendor = Scooterbug

A website just posted ScooterBug will become the exclusive mobility device provider for Walt Disney World Resort.

I wonder if this is a rumor or true?

https://*****.com/2019/09/update-sc...delivery-policy-changes-at-walt-disney-world/

UPDATE: ScooterBug Named Exclusive Provider For Third-Party Mobility Devices Among Third-Party Delivery Policy Changes at Walt Disney World

Starting October 1st, 2019 ScooterBug, the company that provides all of the mobility devices (EVCs, strollers, and wheelchairs) across Disney’s theme parks and Disney Springs will become the exclusive mobility device provider for Walt Disney World Resort. What does this mean? If you choose to rent a device that is not from ScooterBug, you will have to work directly with the provider to get your device. Only ScooterBug devices will be handled by Cast Members, for deliveries and returns, without guests needing to present.

This, of course, comes from a week of changes to all third-party deliveries. Recently, Garden Grocer came out with a statement that they will not be affected by the changes, but other popular companies such as Instacart and Amazon Prime have remained quiet.

All orders made before September 30th, 2019 will be honored.

Garden Grocer Facebook had these comments:

Garden Grocer Inc
September 27 at 5:40 PM ·
🚨Update🚨 Walt Disney World has just implemented a new policy concerning outside vendors delivering to bell services. At this time, grocery delivery services will not be affected! #GardenGrocer will still be able to deliver your grocery orders directly to bell services where they will be stored until you arrive at your resort. Our managers have contacted several Disney resorts and have spoken to managers, along with employees, to confirm this information is correct. The only outside vendor services affected at this time will be mobility services such as scooter and stroller rental companies. Disney now has an exclusive mobility vendor, and they will be the only mobility vendor to deliver to bell services. If you have any questions please feel free to comment on this post, message us, email us at info@gardengrocer.com or call our customer service department at 1-866-855-4350. Thank you so much to all of our customers, and we look forward to continuing to serve you! #gardengrocer #disneyworld
69507263_1327551637427324_887266630975147605_n.jpg

Instagram Post by GardenGrocer Inc • September 27, 2019 at 05:39PM EDT

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

I don't see any official info on food delivery from the Disney website. It still says $6.00 per package or food to bell services in the link above.

Last edited:
We rented from Scooterbug recently and the chair was in pretty shabby condition.
I would be curious to hear if others have had better luck with them.

I just checked their website for wheelchairs. Usually we have rented from walker and get a 22 inch chair. Walker has 4 sizes. Scooterbug has two sizes. A 20 and 24. At scooterbug, one would be too small and one too big. And I know I sound like Goldilocks....but the 22 inch chair is juusssttttt right. Guess we'll be staying with walker.

Lols like the Rommel’s about one being able to drop off and pick up at bell service is starting to look truer and truer

I just checked their website for wheelchairs. Usually we have rented from walker and get a 22 inch chair. Walker has 4 sizes. Scooterbug has two sizes. A 20 and 24. At scooterbug, one would be too small and one too big. And I know I sound like Goldilocks....but the 22 inch chair is juusssttttt right. Guess we'll be staying with walker.

Your okay with 22" width because the width limit is 30" and 48" long.

Yeah, I'm not worried about disney limits. But a wider wheelchair makes it harder for me to push through gates, make turns, etc. I usually need more than one shot to get through the posts at toy story.

I can understand that. I used to have the same issues, but not as much since I now use a wheelchair.

Last edited:
I’m going to add this one to the other longer thread, so all the info is in one place.

I had seen this last night...
the original website that posted the info sometimes is right and sometimes is wild rumors.
This does make sense because Scooterbug is the provider for park and Disney Springs equipment (and probably pool chairs too!)

There was nothing I could find confirming it. Once there is an official announcement, I will change the FAQs thread.

Orlando Parks News is now saying the same - that Scooterbug will be the sole provider for wheelchairs, strollers and ECVs that is able to use Bell Services for drop off and delivery.

https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2019/09/scooterbug-becomes-walt-disney-worlds.html?m=1
I had been watching Scooterbug’s website for any changes and it has changed slightly since last night - at least the link version in the article, which now says “Your Disney Featured Source for Scooter, Wheelchair and Stroller Rentals at Walt Disney World”

http://scooterbugmobilityrentals.com/

Last edited:
Again, life happens and there is no way that anyone can predict things like this but somehow things tend to work out. What you are doing is coming up with doomsday scenarios and panicking about them. Do you think that you are the only one with mobility issues? If something comes up like that, then you deal with it.
As an example, I will be at WDW in November. We booked flights before this whole thing was announced. Our flight back home is at 7am, meaning DME will pick us up at 4am. MVMCP is the night before. Flights are up over $200 per person from the time I booked them or are sold out.

So what is the solution I as a person needing that ecv for the full length of my stay is supposed to do? Not asking for an answer from you, but I AM pointing out that this is very much NOT a “doomsday” scenario. This is real life.

As an example, I will be at WDW in November. We booked flights before this whole thing was announced. Our flight back home is at 7am, meaning DME will pick us up at 4am. MVMCP is the night before. Flights are up over $200 per person from the time I booked them or are sold out.

So what is the solution I as a person needing that ecv for the full length of my stay is supposed to do? Not asking for an answer from you, but I AM pointing out that this is very much NOT a “doomsday” scenario. This is real life.

That is why they are giving a grace period for those who have already booked and can not change their plans. In the future, planning on a later flight would be an option. Or rent one from your home town and take it with you.

We always use scooterbug because they offered a larger wheelchair. It was cheaper and in good condition.

They only downside was it was too wide for the bus ramp so my fiance would have to try to walk on the bus while I lifted his chair on.

Looks like there will be one company that can drop off pick up at bell service I think scooter bug

Looks like there will be one company that can drop off pick up at bell service I think scooter bug
I understand, but there can be multiple reasons for wanting or sometimes actually needing to use a specific company, and the only reason we know about this change that hasn’t even been announced yet is because we are on these forums or Facebook. Someone like my husband would have no notice and no time to react to try to change providers, which I will not be doing. Worst case scenario, the scooter will be left on property by itself whether or not Disney wants to take ownership of it.

I understand, but there can be multiple reasons for wanting or sometimes actually needing to use a specific company, and the only reason we know about this change that hasn’t even been announced yet is because we are on these forums or Facebook. Someone like my husband would have no notice and no time to react to try to change providers, which I will not be doing. Worst case scenario, the scooter will be left on property by itself whether or not Disney wants to take ownership of it.
You have to do what you have to do but I would not just leave a scooter hoping it gets back to the right place.

It would be much cheaper them paying for s most scooter to return it early the day before you leave ( you could have the scooter person go to the park rent one from the park then someone in your group drives the scooter over to the contemporary and walk back.

You have to do what you have to do but I would not just leave a scooter hoping it gets back to the right place.

It would be much cheaper them paying for s most scooter to return it early the day before you leave ( you could have the scooter person go to the park rent one from the park then someone in your group drives the scooter over to the contemporary and walk back.
I don’t understand your response.

I think if I were in this situation, I would have my scooter picked up the day before (the day of the MVMCP) and then rent one at the park for the night of the party. Or if there is going to be one company to deliver/pick up at Bell services, rent from them (at least for the last couple days), since you need it late at night and need to turn it back in so early before your flight.

I'm sure everyone will get used to it, and figure out a way to make it work for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter