New WDW postcard discounts

Villain Dude

Smile, it's best curve we have
Greetings to all...

The first WDW postcards w/ discount codes are being mailed out. It offers discounts off the rack rate @ WL & AKL. Sorry, that I can't remember the exact prices. It also mentions getting DISCOUNTS on THEME PARK TICKETS.

I've seen two versions of this postcard that offer the same code and discount. The first, is a medium close up of an adult couple spinning in the tea cups with a caption that says (something like), " Let us bring the kids out in you". The other photo is a photo of Mickey and a young girl w/ a Minnie hat on (can't remember its caption).

Keep a look out for them because they are coming to a mail box near you... also, offer your postman/woman a warm beverage.

Got the one with Mickey and the litttle girl on it. Save 115 at AKL and 105 at WL per night. Also mentions the special discount on tickets when you book a room.!!! Just wish we could go again!! Oh it does have a code!!

Even if the postcard just mentions a certain hotel or two, be sure to ask if there's discounts at other-namely the moderates. I used a postcard last fall that was for the All Stars, but got a comparable discount at PO-R. It's worth a try if you don't want/can't afford the deluxe prices!

What are the applicable travel dates on the postcard??

I'm just now trying to rebook our vacation that we cancelled (we were originally travelling 9/15 and I was across the street from the WTC on 9/11 -- there was no way I was ready to handle Disney a few days later). We had such a phenomenal rate at AKL. Now I'm pulling up mind-boggling rates during the week after Easter on Disney hotels.

After I cancelled our room reservations I did hear of people being able to convert their room rates to other travel dates even if the discount didn't apply during the original period. Live and learn.

Thanks in advance.

Very Cool News!!! Thanks for sharing Villian Dude! :) I got a postcard last fall (my VERY FIRST ONE!!! :cool: ) - I wonder if I will get one of these? Not that I think that I will be able to use it... :(

I just read on mousesavers that the postcard codes are nontransferable because each card has a PIN. It's on the page with the discounts on resorts page.

I hope I get one, I usually don't. I'd like to save some on the tickets. We were able to transfer our great rate from Sept. to our next trip.

According to the information we have, the postcards are only good for the addressee. There is a PIN on the postcard that is required to book and the PIN is matched up to the name on the postcard.

I just called & the CM volunteered that there were discounts on all deluxe resorts. She also mentioned that the postcard was not transferrable & a lot of people ask!

AKL or WL was $187.59 (inc tax)
YC was $243 (inc tax)

I didn't check on ticket discounts because I have an AP.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the card sitting in the mailbox!

PLEASE tell me the dates that the discounts are good for. I am a DC member and an AP holder. I am desperately trying to get a good discount for the week after Easter for any of the deluxes. I just called the DC line and the prices are unbelieveable. I got a great ap rate at the Poly concierage the week before Easter for $254 including tax. Thanks, Carolyn aigjr@aol.com

The AKL and WL rates of $187 Inc. tax sound great, but the rate of $243 inc. tax for the YC doesn't sound as good. Seems high for a postcard rate. :( Is that for waterview?

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

goofyandmore,

Are Ap rates out past 2/13?

If so what dates are they good until?

Thanks

zippehsmom:)

Zippehsmom, I was told that they still only have ap's until that Feb date. But I think last year I didn't get the ap discount until late Feb for early April. I am going to check my posts from last year and let you know. What dates are you looking for? Carolyn

I asked today (twice!) about AP rates after 2/13 & was told none were available.

The YC rate is for standard view. YC always is more than WL or AKL. I think it is high because it is peak season & it's also still early. Lots of people are booking for spring break now. Let's hope they don't fill up & we see more codes and AP rates :)

Oh, I also asked about the discount on tickets, and it is 10% off the unlimted magic passes (length of stay). For 3 days it was 163 or 164 inc tax.

goofyandmore,

I think I misread your post. Was that Poly Concierge rate the week before Easter for this year or last year?

I'm going in August, so I know it will be a while. Do you have any idea when they release or if they have AP rates for first two weeks in August?

Thanks

zippehsmom

Disney usually offers AP Holder discounts for August. I don't remember exactly when the discounts are released, but it seems it was around May (perhaps the early part).

We got one of the post cards for WL/AKL :bounce: . The dates are 2/14/02-4/20/02. The week of April 8 & 15th for AKL we were quoted:

Standard View: 187.60 inc tax
Savannah View: 232.00 inc tax
Deluxe Savannah View: 298.60 inc tax

Didn't ask about WL but the pc says save $105 a night. ($169 plus tax per night)

The discount for tickets was: 10% off Ultimate Park Hopper passes.

That's the scoop! :)

We're arriving 4/20. The postcard rates only go up to that date:(

starwood, if you get a postcard, you may get that rate for the whole stay if you check in on the 20th.

I still hoping for more discounts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter