Newbie- advice welcome

spg111s

Earning My Ears
Hello to everyone

I have bought tickets for DLP for 18th Dec for my family, me, my wife and two children, one 7 and the other 3.

As this is our first time at DLP and we are there for only one day I am looking for any advice in order that we can get the most out of our firsy visit.

Any advice would be most welcome

Simon

Sounds like you'll mostly be in Fantasyland with children that young! They'll love all the rides there and it's a great place to meet the characters especially in the morning near the entrance to the teacups ride as well as in the courtyard just at the back of the castle and in central plaza. Don't miss the afternoon parade too plus all the special Christmas events. Have fun!!

I'd agree with Fantasyland as probably where most time to spend.

For the youngest I'd consider hiring a stroller. We hired stroller for 2 year old and older brother and sister (4 and 7) had equal shots.

Enjoy your first visit, you'll be back :D

Reid

If you are heading for Fantasy land, it might be wisest to get a fastpass for Peter pan as the Q is generally horendous. Dumbo is also very busy and to look at might not seem worth the wait. I have to confess though I rode on Dumbo (just to keep my son happy you understand) and I laughed and whizzed up and down on my elephant all the ride long and had a fantastic time! So it might be a bit better than it looks ;)

My boys were 5 and 7 the first (and supposedly only) time we went and we all enjoyed Frontierland enormously - they loved BTM (even the youngest who usually hates roller coasters) and phantom manor is done about 20 times every trip - preferably at night when it's even spookier.

Other 'never miss' rides for us are Pirates of the Caribbean and the caves and shipwrecks around skull island and the dragon under the castle. These are very boyish pleasures though and mine are typical gory boys.....

Otherwise just try to plan some time in shows in the middle of the day or you will get very cold! Check out Colonel Hathi's the decor is fab. The food was very reasonable too, pizza and drinks and desert for the kids for 5-7 euros. Don't forget the village either as the food there is good and it's very easy to pop in and out of the park.

Sorry I'm wittering on, I'm getting all excited about going again!!! Above all - PLAN some of the day, the first time we went we didn't look into it at all. Just arrived there like we were going to alton towers for the day. We missed loads, waited in huge q's and felt completely frazzled. A bit of a plan will save you a great deal of time and foot ache.

Have a fabulous time and please post back and tell us all about the Christmas things there so I can get even more excited about my trip!

i agree with the previous post get a fastpass for peter Pan straight away, they run out fast & this is my fav ride.

use fastpass throughout the day.

Eat at videopolis,burgers, chips etc. & time your meal to coincide with watching the Lion King show. in october there were 4 shows with 3 in English & the 4.45pm show in French. Times will be on your park map.

Don't forget to have a ride on the park railway my kids lovedthis when they were younger.

My advice - stay another day!
Don't be tempted by the Studios, don't get tempted to cram too much in - if the queues for the rides are too horrendous then just wander around and enjoy the atmosphere and plan the next visit in term time!
I am a Very Bad Mother and took mine out of school regularly in Feb, March (kids go free!) on the premise that they were Learning French.
Give my love to Gods Own County
Liz

Here are some tips for the shows & parades:

Don't forget to get a free ticket for the Legend of the Lion King show! The seatings are limited in the showbuilding, so you need to have one, to get a good spot.
You can get them near the Videopolis theatre. The hours when they are handing them out, are marked on the parkmaps.

To watch the Christmas Parade at 16h, we always get seats in front of Pooh's showstage, you can sit down while you're watching the parade, and take nice pictures of the floats with the castle on the background!

The Enchanted Fairytale Ceremony starts at 18.30h, in front of the castle. If you want a good view, I suggest you stand in front of the small stage (the one with the books) on the hub, facing the castle.

To view the nighttime parade Fantillusion at 19.30h, I suggest you take place in front of the castle. You will see 3 stops there: Mickey Mouse, Maleficent and Snow White.

Thanks for those great tips which we'll certainly use when we go in 18 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter