Newbie in need of advice

supacoops

Earning My Ears
We are taking our DD to DLP 14 Dec, for her 4th Birthday. We have considered booking the Character birthday party for her, but unfortunately she is allergic to Eggs, and nuts. This makes having a birthday cake difficult for her, (nightmare every year trying to find a suitable cake ) and DLP have informed me that the party food is mainly cakes pastries and desserts, which she probably wont be able to eat, so am a bit reluctant to pay for something she wont be able to have,. Although I would if the rest of the character party is worth it. Has anyone done the birthday party? Opinions pls, is it worth it? , DLP have also informed me that they cannot guarantee making us an egg/nut free cake.

As an alternative I thought of just booking either a character breakfast or dinner on the day of her birthday and telling them it is her birthday, hopefully they will be able to make a bit of a fuss of her, ie sing happy birthday or such like, and maybe get the characters to put birthday msgs in her autograph book. Has anyone else had the problem of allergenic kids? Also what would anyone reccomend, the chracter breakfast or the dinner as an alternative we really want to do something special for her. Thanks in advance. :confused:

it might be best to take her to cafe mickey which is better than the parks for meeting characters IMO, have a look at the menus in advance and enquire about reservations, ive got a phone number somewhere which goes direct to disney in france so you might be able to get more help from there, ill post again 2moro or friday night with the phone number

me and my boyfriend are planning a trip for Dec14th - 17th to!!! As we are both 18 we havent done a birthday party but cafe mickey was fantastic when we went on our last trip over new year,we wil be going back. Check the menu out and make enquiries etc beforehand but i'm sure your DD will love it. When we were there, there was a family with a young son who had his birthday, the characters made a huge fuss and whole restaurant sang happy birthday, i think it was tigger who was dancing with him. It really is fun...every hour or so a song is played (the name escapes me) but all the characters got on tables etc to do a dance. Maybe mention to your server that it is her birthday! The interaction from the characters was wonderful and they came around all night, it wasn't just your average one visit and they go. Make sure you have a camera because I am sure you will have some great photo oportunities in Cafe Mickey!!

::MinnieMo

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Thanks, for the advice DD, and PM, I thought cafe mickey and a character dinner might be the better alternative, to the birthday party. it sounds fun, and DD, will love the interaction with the charaters. PM, thats interesting we are going on the same dates, where are you staying? we are staying at the my travellers hotel. like you we are also flying into CDG, we have decided to get the VEA shuttle. I cant wait, its been 12 long yrs since we went to WDW, I think I am more excited than DD. :)

Hi, dates may have changed again to go on 13th as booking our own flights and its much cheaper to fly then rather than on 14th for some reason. We are hoping to stay at the disneyland hotel, always stayed at the santa fe in the past but thought we might treat ourselves. Trip is planned but holding off on booking for a couple of weeks as we are both heading off to uni in september and need to sort out money first. I love this time of year so I hope it all comes together. The decorations are beautiful and when I went 2 years ago 15th Dec- 18th Dec it was so quiet...had the whole place to ourselves virtually!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter