Newbie, lots of Questions, Please help!!!

SteveyJC

Mouseketeer
Hello everybody,

I remember using this site years ago, when planning a trip to WDW, since then, i've been to DL California, and am now planning a a trip to DLP.

I'm thinking of going very close to Christmas, as a surprise for my girlfriend. It should be noted that I am a student, and will have to save up for a while, that is why I won't be able to stay onsite.

I have found the following hotel:

COMFORT INN -MARNE-LA-VALLEE
address: 34, Allee des Frenes, Marne la Vallee 7742

and is supposed to belocated:

Marne-la-Valle city center 16.8km - 10.5mi
R.E.R line A (Paris train system) from station Noisy-Champs (1km from the hotel) is direct to Disneyland (15 minutes).

Now, here comes the questions, Is this relatively easy to get to and from without a hire car (taxi/shuttle will be ok). Is it easy to get to and from the park in say under an hour?

Do the admission tickets for DLP different at christmas time, more expensive? just the same?

Can anyone reccommend maybe a cheaper alternative hotel?

**THANKYOU** Massively in advance for all your help!!!

Stevey

I can't say whether or not transport to and from the park would be easy, but I can recommend the hotel itself! I have stayed there many times and it's really nice there, and a good distance from the park. :)

Also, tickets are at peak price over Christmas, so they're at their most expensive.

Hello SteveyJC - welcome to the DIS! :wave2:

If you don't mind my asking - how much is the Comfort Inn? Then someone might be able to suggest another hotel for you.

Bexx said:
Hello SteveyJC - welcome to the DIS! :wave2:

If you don't mind my asking - how much is the Comfort Inn? Then someone might be able to suggest another hotel for you.

It's approx 45 euros per night per room

Hi SteveyJC and welcome to the Dis :)

I can't help with your question I'm afraid but I wanted to welcome you!

Karen

Hi and welcome to the boards :)

If that is a room price then I'll doubt you'll get much better.

Reid

Agree with Reid - I think you've found yourself a good place to stay! :)

Hi Stevey JC,
Welcome to the boards :cheer2: I'm afraid we have never stayed at the Confort Inn, so I couldn't give you any idea what it is like, but 45 euros does seem incredibly cheap.

Are there lots of add on extras, like breakfast or linen charges etc etc, if not it sounds like you've got a great deal. :sunny:

Perhaps breakfast is extra, and I dont eat much in the mornings anyway, so would prob just grab a quick snack in the park.

My HUGE concern is getting from the hotel to the park. I wont have a car. Can anybody help? I'd really appreciate any advice on trains, taxis, buses etc etc.

Thanks, Stevey

I can't tell for sure from the hotel description, but will you be near an RER stop? If you have access to the RER, it will be cheap and easy to get to the park, since the DLP RER station is just a few feet from the parks, and you will not need a car.

I think it's 1km to the RER marne-le-vallee RER stop, so do I get the RER from there to DLP? Any ideas how long it takes?

Hmmm, this hotel is looking good for my trip!!!!

Thanks

You may well have all this info, but here's some about the Comfort Inn, telling you which station to use and even which way to exit it when you return in the evening (I think!)

And here is a map of the RER

Hope this helps a bit.

Thats a great help BEXX, thanks, looks pretty cheap and handy in my opinion. Obviosuly not as nice as a proper Disney hotel, but not bad all the same.

One last question. If I was planning on visiting DLP on Mon 19 and Tue 20th December, do I need to book tickets beforehand, or can I just turn up at the gate and buy them?

THANKS EVERBODY for the help!

Hi Stevey, the RER train takes about 5 minutes maximum, depending on how fast he drives it.LOL
If I was you I would eat as much as you can for breakfast as food in the parks is not cheap.
If you do need something though the "Croque Monsieur" is a large Toasted cheese sandwich with cream cheese and ham inside and melted cheese on the top. They sell
it in the New York Deli on Main |Street 5-6 Euros, it's very filling and keeps you going all afternoon

SteveyJC said:
One last question. If I was planning on visiting DLP on Mon 19 and Tue 20th December, do I need to book tickets beforehand, or can I just turn up at the gate and buy them?

THANKS EVERBODY for the help!

You can buy on the gates, but personally I like to have them in advance to save precious seconds queuing when I could be in the patk :teeth:

Thanks for the wealth of information, one quick note regarding the tickets - can they sell out or anything silly like that?

This question came up yesterday. Feralgeorge's friend was having problems buying tickets in advance from Holland and would have to buy them at DLP gate and was concerned that they would sell out. Feralgeorge phoned DLP and then kindly posted the reply which was that it was extremely unlikely tickets would ever sell out, the only day they would ever be likely to was Bastille Day.

Miffy2003 said:
You can buy on the gates, but personally I like to have them in advance to save precious seconds queuing when I could be in the patk :teeth:
Totally agree, the queues are the booths are not funny :guilty:

Reid

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter