Newbie to this board

Chester's Mum

DIS Veteran
Okay, so here's my story.

After my most recent trip to "The World" (16 nights---so indulgent), I've been thinking about buying DVC. Resale is definitely the way I want to go, because I love the location of BWV. I've been on the disboards for a few years, but recently started lurking and learning on the DVC board. DH does not like Disney at all, never comes on vacation with us. Me and ds 13 and dd 19 are disney freaks. Got my brochure from the timeshare store today, and asked dh if he minds if I buy DVC, since I spend so much money at Disney anyway(worth every penny, by the way). He says he doesn't care, as long as I don't increase the family debt:goodvibes , I'm not a debt person either so hallelujah, I don't have to ask twice.:thumbsup2

A few questions, I hope you can help:

1. I live in Canada, does the Timeshare Store sell to Canadians?
2. How do you pay deposit and final balance? Certified cheque? I have a U.S.$ account.
3. How much deposit are you required to pay when you make an offer?
4. Can Disney take monthly maintenance fees out of my Canadian bank account?
5. Is it very unusual for people to buy small contracts (if they can get them) to build up ownership? Will they think I'm stupid?

OMG I think I need to settle down, I'm so excited. I'm afraid if I wait to long the cost will go up, with AKV opening this year and (dare we hope?) CRV on the horizon?????

5. Is it very unusual for people to buy small contracts (if they can get them) to build up ownership? Will they think I'm stupid?
You're not stupid... the only regret we have in buying into DVC is that we did not buy 2 smaller contracts instead of 1 larger one. You are on the right track. Looking forward to welcoming you home!

Chester's mum - very excited for you. Sorry I cannot answer most of your questions. However as I recall, certified check, yes. Do not know about the cross border issues but I did want to tell you that I agree smaller contracts rather than one huge one will give you more flexibility in the long run.

We bought our first through Disney and our second through Timeshare store and they were excellent to deal with. They would be happy to answer these questions I am sure.

Good luck and may you find a contract to suit you and a smooth transaction!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter