• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Newbie w/last minute trip, help! How to maximize 2 day park hopper

rebeccadunham

Earning My Ears
We have never been to DW (we've been to Disneyland and Hong Kong Disney though). My mother in law just told me that she has already booked a trip to DW for herself, my husband, me, and our 2 daughters(ages 9 &4) for September 27-October 2. We're staying at All Star Movies, have the dining plan, and she got the 2 day park hopper plus water park. My main question is how to split our days since we only have the 2 day park hopper. Not including the day we arrive since it will be too late to do much we will have 4 full days and 1 partial day to fill. We are spending one full day at Universal. I need to figure out how to split our time at MK, AK, HS, and Epcot over 2 days without missing too much or completely wearing the kids out. I need to get a rough game plan so I can get some meals booked asap since its already very slim pickings. We are not into Star Wars so it doesn't look like we would need to spend much time at HS. We love fireworks and parades so suggestions on how to maximize those would be great. I was also considering spending Oct 1st at a water park and then getting tickets to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for that evening so we would have a little more time to explore Magic Kingdom (was thinking about my husband and I just taking our 9 year old). Thoughts/Ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated!

If it were me, I'd split a day between MK and AK. Since you are going to MNSSHP on another day, I'd go to MK in the morning for rope drop, and head over to AK early afternoon. I'd probably skip HS, since you aren't interested in any of the Star Wars stuff, and spend a full day at Epcot. I'd also do a water park day in between your two park days so you have a day to sleep in and go to bed early. We are actually doing a very similar trip in September as well. We have three park days with water parks, and MNSSHP. Have fun!!

Last edited:
You can get into MK at 4pm if you buy tickets to MNSSHP so don't waist a park hopper ticket on that day. Then you'd basically have 2.5 days in the parks.

If I were going to be at WDW for 4.5 days, there is no way I would limit myself to only 2 day tickets. I personally would probably do five days. I don't know your budget, but I would suggest that if you can afford it, get longer tickets. Additional days cost less and less as the ticket length increases.

If I were going to be at WDW for 4.5 days, there is no way I would limit myself to only 2 day tickets. I personally would probably do five days. I don't know your budget, but I would suggest that if you can afford it, get longer tickets. Additional days cost less and less as the ticket length increases.
I definitely agree.

Personally, I would drop the park hopper and water park option and get 3 day base tickets and MNSSHP tix. Spend 1 day each at MK, AK and EP and just relax at the pool on your MNSSHP day. I think you will drive yourself crazy and exhaust yourself trying to pack 3 parks into 2 days with the PH option and the waterparks aren't worth sacrificing park time IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter