News Round Up 2016

Further evidence in the desire to reduce annual passes. The ticket offer is for a multi-day ticket. Just a few years ago they tried to convert every DVC member to an annual pass with the $399 deal.

So, the ticket discount is a low cost ticket with Water Park and More included free. For example, a 10 day ticket, with park hopper and water park and more is $446.24.

Edit: Yes, that is correct. In 2012 DVC members could buy a Premium Annual Pass for $399. In 2016, we can buy a 10-day park hopper with water parks for $446. So, for $50 more we get 10 days instead of 365. LOL is likely to have some thoughts on this. :D

Last edited:
Further evidence in the desire to reduce annual passes. The ticket offer is for a multi-day ticket. Just a few years ago they tried to convert every DVC member to an annual pass with the $399 deal.

So, the ticket discount is a low cost ticket with Water Park and More included free. For example, a 10 day ticket, with park hopper and water park and more is $446.24.

Edit: Yes, that is correct. In 2012 DVC members could buy a Premium Annual Pass for $399. In 2016, we can buy a 10-day park hopper with water parks for $446. So, for $50 more we get 10 days instead of 365. LOL is likely to have some thoughts on this. :D

I've voluntary disconnected the blood flow to my cerebrum to intentionally NOT have the thoughts form

I've voluntary disconnected the blood flow to my cerebrum to intentionally NOT have the thoughts form

It gets to the point where there's really nothing new to say. We know what they are doing and why they are doing it. This is just a continuation of the same policies.

The most ridiculous part of this is that you can use the mousesavers newsletter link to undercover tourist and get cheaper tickets than through this DVC "deal".

I can't get worked up over "Five years ago it used to be this price versus now." As long as people are paying it is what it is - you just have to decide if you are a willing to pay it.

What I am more concerned about is what this actual discount IS - and whether it is "worth" it.

So - based on current rates - this is what I see:
The Multi-day ticket offer savings is $10 per ticket for the addtional day - Or $10.65 with tax. As others have pointed out - UT prices however are basically the same as this discount - I checked out a 6-day park ticket - and it would cost 47 cents more through UT. That's a 0.1% savings on a $335 ticket.

The "WP&M" deal is the difference between a $64 upgrade to the combined hopper/WPM deal, and the normal $90 cost - so this savings is a little bit better - it's a $26 savings ($27.69) - but really only does you any good if you intend to USE the WPM option - which is really only WP anymore anyways. And again - looking at UT - the difference between a discounted ticket and what you can get on that site is about $18 for a $420 ticket or roughly 4.5%. A little better, but not worth upgrading to this if you weren't already planning on it.

Clearly not the greatest of deals - it's essentially a throwaway, and they know it. It goes back to one of the reasons that I originally hesitated to join DVC - once they have me "locked in" what real motivation is there to give me extra incentives to go - I'm going anyways. This is just an example of that - a deal that's BARELY a deal. Honestly any perks you get as DVC member should be considered a "bonus" and a good thing - and that's how I feel - I don't expect them to give me anything and I'm rarely disappointed. The events are a nice idea if you can be there for them. (Looks like we can't as we are going in October). The lounge might be nice to check out at Epcot. TO me my "perk" was staying at the Poly for about $180 a night.

Back to the ticket deal: I guess I don't get why not make it a "true" incentive. To me what they should do is something along the lines of a free hopper add on. The fact is the hopper costs them ZERO to add, some people would pay for them - but others might not. It might get people spending more time in the parks than they otherwise would. I definitely would be buying the ticket at that point.

@lockedoutlogic I know you've mentioned things on this before but it seems you might be onto something based on the latest Jim Hill podcast and yes I know what you think about him.

Jim says that WDW management has been looking at transportation a lot lately and yes that is evident in the road work, parking changes etc. Disney is apparently looking at moving the TTC offsite bus parking/drop off area will be moved to the old WDW Air strip. That then frees up some land in the TTC area. The TTC stuff then gets moved to that old parking lot area. Guess what you have then freed up space right next to the Polynesian... Along with this he says keep and eye on the site just north of the TTC as a new Theme park view resort could be popping up there in time for the 50th anniversary.

Jim also says that River Country DVC is back on the table. Since they have equipment onsite already they will move over there later in the year to demolish river country for the eventual DVC resort. The demolition does not mean construction on the new DVC resort would start but just so they have the site prepped for eventual construction.
I remember this discussion when they announced the race track being closed for a future transportation project. TTC area is prime location for so many things. Aside from the monorail spur for Epcot, there really is no good reason for it to be there. Move parking for the MK to the east side of the park and have a walk up entrance along the lake to the front gate.

I remember this discussion when they announced the race track being closed for a future transportation project. TTC area is prime location for so many things. Aside from the monorail spur for Epcot, there really is no good reason for it to be there. Move parking for the MK to the east side of the park and have a walk up entrance along the lake to the front gate.

I have thought about that same thing, but in addition, if they could somehow take the TTC out and fix the monorail lines so that there is still a resort loop but the second one actually be a full loop from MK through CR then on to Epcot and return via Poly and GF (and the new resort) where they actually add trains because the loop is longer. This would allow two big parking lots, one at Epcot and one at MK to be utilized for both parks it might help. I can see several ways that would help. One, the MK parking does not have to use the alternate transportation (boat and monorail) to get to MK. Also, you wouldn't have to exit one monorail and go down a ramp and back up a ramp to get on another monorail like you currently have to do to go from MK to Epcot.

I would also think if you put that MK parking lot where you say and I think is logical, you might not get it close enough to the front gate of MK but the current trams might work to span the distance well.

When the speedway was closed and "parking upgrade" began to surface...I bet the farm and continue to that poly phase II is the ultimate reason.

Remember that the original DVC plans "leaked" have all now been built except the tower unit located on the edge of what currently is TTC/parking.

I don't really trust those types of things too much (well documented) UNLESS they make overwhelming sense and the shovels prove them right.

They have here.

They built a free standing gf building with the opportunity to retrofit old lodges and shrink rack...

They converted rack at poly with the opportunity to expand DVC...

Do we see a pattern here?

Let Alone wilderness...animal kingdom......contemporary...Saratoga itself...possible beach club...and on and on...

When the speedway was closed and "parking upgrade" began to surface...I bet the farm and continue to that poly phase II is the ultimate reason.

Remember that the original DVC plans "leaked" have all now been built except the tower unit located on the edge of what currently is TTC/parking.

I don't really trust those types of things too much (well documented) UNLESS they make overwhelming sense and the shovels prove them right.

They have here.

They built a free standing gf building with the opportunity to retrofit old lodges and shrink rack...

They converted rack at poly with the opportunity to expand DVC...

Do we see a pattern here?

Let Alone wilderness...animal kingdom......contemporary...Saratoga itself...possible beach club...and on and on...

I totally understand and believe that to be true as well. Where do you see MK parking ending up?

Also, do you see the shrinking of "Deluxe Rack" to be = to growth of DVC families? In other words, I have stayed Deluxe many times but so far have not been DVC (although my first grandchild , a tink by the way is due in a little over a month and I wouldn't bet DVC isn't in our families future) Do you think for every so many new families that exit rack and go to DVC it evens out?

I suppose in theory, you could do this:
If you add a eastern parking lot to MK. Close the TTC
You can then connect the epcot line with the Express line monorail, and run that as one loop. Mostly because the express line would no longer be needed. You out lay $$$ for the new track required, but save money on the number of trains needed to operate.
The monorail still occupies a lot of prime ground in the scenario, but if you can integrate it, you are golden. Pull out the bus stop at least for the prime gain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter