News Round Up 2017

They seem very focused/stuck on this idea of Athletes as celebrities and mixing with celebrities and then their personalities being (or wanting to be - looking at you Stephen A) celebrities by association.

I think the real challenge is ESPN became big because of Sport Center as people would go there for sports news and score updates, etc. - but now with twitter there is no need for a sportscenter ... so why would I go to ESPN? Or what could make me want to go there vs twitter? Talking heads? Live games?
Yep. I only watch ESPN now when there is a sporting event on that I like (college World Series right now) or Scott Van Pelts sportscenter.

Yep. I only watch ESPN now when there is a sporting event on that I like (college World Series right now) or Scott Van Pelts sportscenter.

I do like the idea of what they did with the 6pm sports center and turning it over to Michael and Jemele, and letting them be creative with it

According to wdwnt, at the very bottom of today's blog post (which I cannot figure out how to link):

Disney movie Magic

Very quietly, Disney debuted a new nighttime projection show at Hollywood Studios, taking place at 9pm nightly, 30 minutes before Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

According to wdwnt, at the very bottom of today's blog post (which I cannot figure out how to link):

Disney movie Magic

Very quietly, Disney debuted a new nighttime projection show at Hollywood Studios, taking place at 9pm nightly, 30 minutes before Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.
This debuted a couple weeks ago

Some times it is hard to keep up, so forgive me if I've missed the posting somewhere.

As of today, there is obvious demo at CBR. We have a lot of permitting info to deduce what is going on. Has any official Disney source released any info regarding the project at CBR or the Gondolas, or even hinted when that info would be public.

Trust the shovels indicates that something is happening at CBR, so it's not in question. Just curious if there has been an official comment on it yet.

I, personally, miss that feature. I was looking forward to taking my kids to do it this year now that they're old enough. DW and I had a blast at the Rainbow Reef at Aulani last year.

This was one attraction that made Typhoon Lagoon a seriously unique park.
I agree, Shark Reef was something no other water park had, which made TL very unique. I loved it, but understand why they've closed it though. Hopefully something bigger and better will replace it sooner rather than later.

If you haven't been already, i'd recommend visiting Discovery Cove if you can. It's expensive, but totally worth it IMO.

I originally saw this posted on the WDW Subreddit, a rumor from Chip and CO that states disney is offering gift cards to some staying at value resorts who agree to forego Mousekeeping.

I'm not sure I actually believe it, but it would be an interesting discussion. No notes as to whether that would be length of stay or per day. My gut is length of stay as DVC housekeeping is $30/per day right? I'd imagine the workload for a value room is a lot lower.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter