News Round Up 2017

Length of contract doesn't enter into it.

If you buy today at $85, and sell in 5 years at $85-you stayed 5 years on dues, $100 a night.

Even if you buy POLY today ay $140, and sell in 5 years at $140.

Dear god...you sound like a teenager.

You can't buy a product assuming to sell it for more than you paid. That argument has 0 grounds to stand on.

We had this thing...the housing bubble...a few years back...maybe you heard of it?

What you are promoting as truth is exactly what happened. It's a Ponzi scheme.

Boardwalk villas opened in 1998...that was 19 years ago.

The contract ends in 2042...that's 25 years from now.

The cost is the upfront, + estimated dues over the ENTIRE CONTRACT per point and then multiplied back out to the room charge per night...

That's how this math works.

You're just kinda spinning numbers to try to make a predetermined point regardless of what those numbers say.

I tried to warn you.....

Even if there's 1 year left on the contract, you still can double your money.

Have stayed for 51 years for free, then make $40k in the last year......

How can you argue with those "facts"?

You can't buy a product assuming to sell it for more than you paid. That argument has 0 grounds to stand on.

We had this thing...the housing bubble...a few years back...maybe you heard of it?

No doubt the risk is there, but throwing away $450 every night instead? Risk diminishes rather quickly.

I would take my chances on BWV today-as many obviously are.

But it is nice that you just confirmed it has indeed worked, and likely will again.

Heck mine are double, and I have no interest in selling at TODAYS prices. Not with every they are adding down there.

Heck mine are double, and I have no interest in selling at TODAYS prices. Not with every they are adding down there.

But that's not how math works. You can't base the cost on dvc as X based on what you think you can sell it for. That's not a valid argument. You can only base it on what you paid...and if you sell it later...that is a separate transaction. That's how accounting works.

and Saratoga cost me less with incentives than $85.

Answer this.

If it's an obvious Ponzi scheme likely to crash, why are you not selling at a profit today?

I suspect you either think you are staying on the cost of dues (because your investment could be recouped today and then some), or you think the price will go up further, maybe at worst stay about the same.

Don't feel bad-I'm in the same boat.

But that's not how math works. You can't base the cost on dvc as X based on what you think you can sell it for. That's not a valid argument. You can only base it on what you paid...and if you sell it later...that is a separate transaction. That's how accounting works.

Keep in mind I have sold 2 contracts at a large profit already, and also what it is worth today is indeed a factor in this.

Answer this.

If it's an obvious Ponzi scheme likely to crash, why are you not selling at a profit today?

I suspect you either think you are staying on the cost of dues (because your investment could be recouped today and then some), or you think the price will go up further, maybe at worst stay about the same.

Don't feel bad-I'm in the same boat.

That's not what I'm saying...I'm saying you can only calculate cost based on the real money invested...not the potential resale.

My reference to housing is that was how mortgages were sold: you can flip it in a few years. So that's why it was a Ponzi scheme: today's real bills "offset" by tomorrow's speculated values.

Keep in mind I have sold 2 contracts at a large profit already, and also what it is worth today is indeed a factor in this.

But it's not...and I can only help you bash your head off the wall so many ways...this is a basic point. It has nothing to do with your overall point "woo hoo...I love paying disney prices!"

That's not what I'm saying...I'm saying you can only calculate cost based on the real money invested...not the potential resale.

NO, you can sell today-that's not "potential" sale.

You are keeping for a reason/s. Therefore you (like me) do not believe its a Ponzi scheme ready to crash, I presume.

So not selling today is basically buying into the program at todays prices.

NO, you can sell today-that's not "potential" sale.

You are keeping for a reason/s. Therefore you (like me) do not believe its a Ponzi scheme ready to crash, I presume.

So not selling today is basically buying into the program at todays prices.

Ok...I'm done. It's about math...not personal preference. Sales are real. Resales are hypothetical...it's just simple English. You buy, you pay, you use...then if you resell you sell what's left of the contract and get money back in a windfall. The two are not linked in a valid equation. One is cost...one is gain.

No dvc room at current sales prices from Disney equates to a $100 a night real cost. It simple doesn't.

...Back to the reel news

Anyone watched the new Star Wars heroine shorts yet? https://www.yahoo.com/movies/new-st...nging-female-heroes-full-force-200707894.html

I'll probably watch them off the Disney channel in a few days, but I don't like the looks of the animation. The animation in Clone Wars and Rebels is rich and sophisticated, this looks... cheap and ugly. I get they are just super short sequences, 2 or 3 minutes at a pop, more designed to sell the heroines than anything else, but I don't like this look.

Meh ... I'm still disappointed that they didn't give Dr Aphra a short in this series. She won a fan poll to get an official action figure next year, and I see here cosplayed more than some other Star Wars heroines. An animated short would have been a great way to introduce Aphra to the larger fan base

Sales are real. Resales are hypothetical...it's just simple English.

Cool, well let me know if you need a sales agent to sell today at $85 (unless you think its going up further of course, and people should therefore buy) I have some good contacts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter