News Round Up 2017

We can start a rumor about the "new" attraction going into United Kingdom is a re-do of Mr. Toad.

Also, couldn't Disney just by the rights to Twilight Zone if they wanted to? They can keep TOT as an IP then and if the rebooting of the show comes true, they can piggy-back off that.

Don't play with my emotions by mentioning Mr. Toad, ok? How fun would it be if they put one of the original DL rides - Mr. Toad or Alice in at Epcot? It won't happen, but what is the actual most recent UK rumor?

I think it would be a mistake to make a Dr. Strange attraction. I know they had Dr. Strange out and about in DHS when the movie was released. He was supposed to be doing a little mini Jedi training thing. In most of the videos I saw kids didn't know who he was and didn't want to participate. All the Benedict Cumberbatch loving adults were not allowed to get photos because it was an event training thing only.

I really don't think that movie has the staying power or the pull. I love Marvel movies, but it really just played like another Inception. The cape was the best part of the movie. I liked it well enough in the theater but I've had no desire to watch it again, and it's readily available on Netflix.
We will see. I know he is involved with the next Thor picture, and will be involved as well supposedly with the Avengers in the thanos stories. I am also pretty sure they have set up for a sequel as well.

I really loved the movie, and the oportunties it has with the whole time warping and space warping and such could make a fantastic ride. Only time will tell though.

As for @lockedoutlogic
While I agree the more known hero's for Marvel are FF and Avengers and Spidey and Xmen - there is a HUGE following for some of the "newer" hero's as well. GotG has done extremely well, and will be a huge draw, as I think Black Panther will as well. There is some great opportunities to expand the marvel universe in WDW and not go into the titles owned by Uni

I wonder if the nighttime shows livestream would be live or just the same video over and over. When it's rained in the past I've showed the girls a YouTube video of Wishes or Fantasmic on my laptop and that's worked really well lol. Either way it's a neat idea to add value to on-site stays.
They are filming live for the new Disney stores. They put up a permanent sign in MK on main street saying you are subject to be on camera in these areas.

Don't play with my emotions by mentioning Mr. Toad, ok? How fun would it be if they put one of the original DL rides - Mr. Toad or Alice in at Epcot? It won't happen, but what is the actual most recent UK rumor?

As someone mentioned earlier, Brave. For me, that doesn't ring my chimes though.

I don't get why Mary Poppins is not a slam-dunk for them. One of the most-honored and loved films really doesn't have much of a presence in the parks. A nanny that flies with the help of her umbrella?
That's the most obvious ride system since Peter Pan (or Monsters, Inc. if they ever decide to build the door roller-coaster). I think more people would be excited about MP over Brave, plus there's the new film coming out.

As someone mentioned earlier, Brave. For me, that doesn't ring my chimes though.

I don't get why Mary Poppins is not a slam-dunk for them. One of the most-honored and loved films really doesn't have much of a presence in the parks. A nanny that flies with the help of her umbrella?
That's the most obvious ride system since Peter Pan (or Monsters, Inc. if they ever decide to build the door roller-coaster). I think more people would be excited about MP over Brave, plus there's the new film coming out.

There's likely licensing issues with Mary Poppins
I don't believe Disney has full rights to the story (why she never has a photopass photographer) so using the story as an attraction could be more trouble than they want

Right, I get that Brave is the front runner in terms of IP, (I have no opinion on that as I haven't seen the source material, the princess Merida is pretty though) but what's the actual attraction supposed to be? Do we reckon it will take the gardens and all the space down to that shop by the IG?

Right, I get that Brave is the front runner in terms of IP, (I have no opinion on that as I haven't seen the source material, the princess Merida is pretty though) but what's the actual attraction supposed to be? Do we reckon it will take the gardens and all the space down to that shop by the IG?

Hopefully someone will come along with a google map view, but I'm thinking that maybe there will be a backstage area that can be used for the ride. Maybe the maze can be part of the new queue :)

Hopefully someone will come along with a google map view, but I'm thinking that maybe there will be a backstage area that can be used for the ride. Maybe the maze can be part of the new queue :)

I'm pro mazes! Was it part of the Merida movie? So it might make that an actual possibility?

There's likely licensing issues with Mary Poppins
I don't believe Disney has full rights to the story (why she never has a photopass photographer) so using the story as an attraction could be more trouble than they want

I've also heard something about Disney not being able to have here appear in her blue coat. That's why she is always in the white dress.

I've also heard something about Disney not being able to have here appear in her blue coat. That's why she is always in the white dress.

She does (or did. I can't remember what outfit was last year) wear her red coat in the Christmas parade
But this happens with several Disney stories - Disney only owns the rights to the Disney version of that character (Tarzan, Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan are all ones I can think of) so there's often restricted usage of those stories, though some are more restricted than others

I wonder if the nighttime shows livestream would be live or just the same video over and over. When it's rained in the past I've showed the girls a YouTube video of Wishes or Fantasmic on my laptop and that's worked really well lol. Either way it's a neat idea to add value to on-site stays.

I am not sure I care much about this, but if you want to do something clever Disney, provide a Live AUDIO stream of your nighttime shows on your DME app. This way if I am sitting on the beach at the Poly i can actually HEAR the show as opposed to the crappy speakers. This goes as well for watching the DHS Star Wars show from our balcony at Animal Kingdom, and for that matter any of the shows.

One thing I noticed in DLR is that Mary Poppins has a much stronger presence in the parks. It's the anchor for the daytime parade, has a presence in the fireworks and World of Color, it's own restaurant (Jolly Holiday bakery) and some added bits around the park as well. It was Tony Baxter that designed a ride, but now that I look it up, he didn't design it for Disney, he designed it in college. Honestly with MPRs coming out, they may want to wait to see if the new version is loved or loathed before they would go ahead with any big MP addition.

Personally I have a hard time believing they are going with Brave. There is really not a strong interest in that character as there is say with Rapunzel or even Tiana. The movie is actually very slight in feeling. (And we'll ignore that it's sort of a remake / ripoff of brother bear.) However, I can't see them doing another Peter Pan or Pooh ride, as neither are big enough to justify two rides in separate parks...I guess Merida/Brave would at least be original. To me, if it's true it's "Not MP" then I would think Alice would be the most likely to see a ride. Again, I know there's a ride at MK, but it's only Tea Cups, and a dark ride around Alice already exists and is very popular in DLR.

Though truthfully this one to me feels more like a "don't count on it" rumor.

I'm pro mazes! Was it part of the Merida movie? So it might make that an actual possibility?

They could do a maze with multiple IP, given the fairly numerous animated films set in the UK. It could be similar to the fantasyland walk through in Hong Kong. Or they could do something like the storybook canal boats in Paris, but only use British IP’s.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter