News Round Up 2017

I’m sorry, Cars Land was underbuilt?? Exactly how do you arrive at that conclusion?

I looked at it when I was there...

I don't dislike the land at all...but there's a good bit of wasted space...especially the cozy cone...and they spend a billion dollars...

As good as Rsr is ...and it's fantatic...mater is a cheap off the shelf ride. Do like luigis...so that's an upgrade.

I think the assumption they're expanding is a fools errand.

When have they ever done a quick expansion? That's Comcast's m.o.

Disney gets bored and tries to pull you in another direction to sell more product...that's them.

Don't expect anything more before I'm using a walker.

based on your "Get off my lawn" commentary I assumed you already were ;)

I agree with all the others who say this seems to be the way of the future for video games. Why be satisfied with the initial sell point when you can continue to make money throughout the game's shelf life? I blame World of Warcraft, I'm pretty sure they started it with being able to use real money to purchase gold and other things in the games.

Though gaming companies have been doing this in various ways forever ... heck if you look at most original Nintendo games they got to the point where you had to subscribe to Nintendo Power just to figure out how to advance in the games. I mean, no way anyone on their own would know in Castlevania II you had to go to this one dead end spot, activate the red crystal, kneel and then a tornado would come and bring you further in the game

Now they are just much less subtle :D

I think the "gambling" case is being made because they are charging for a "suprise" scenario without a set value...

That sounds a lot like blackjack...

It's not just video game...anyone have a kid who's into "surprise" toys?

I have nightmares about LOLs

Right - even the developers were pointing to collectible cards in that you don't know what is in your pack before you buy it an open it

And same argument could be made to surprise pin packs at Disney or the bags Tsum Tsum things that you don't know what is in them

Not saying this isn't gambling or they shouldn't try to stop it - but you could apply the same argument to a lot of things

NEWS (at least to me)

DME now picking guests up FOUR HOURS before their flight times through the end of the year at least

View attachment 283632
Eesh. Glad you posted this - thanks. I'm slated to use it for the first time in ages in a few weeks. Looks like it'll be a Minnie Van for me. That's ridiculous, especially as we have TSA Pre Check. No need to be there THAT early!

Conspiracy theory: they're doing this to increase Minnie Van bookings!! :scared: :D

Eesh. Glad you posted this - thanks. I'm slated to use it for the first time in ages in a few weeks. Looks like it'll be a Minnie Van for me. That's ridiculous, especially as we have TSA Pre Check. No need to be there THAT early!

Conspiracy theory: they're doing this to increase Minnie Van bookings!! :scared: :D

wait, can you even take a Minnie Van to the airport? I thought it was only for on property transport :confused3

I agree with all the others who say this seems to be the way of the future for video games. Why be satisfied with the initial sell point when you can continue to make money throughout the game's shelf life? I blame World of Warcraft, I'm pretty sure they started it with being able to use real money to purchase gold and other things in the games.

They pretty much had to though. There were tons of accounts getting hacked constantly and people were buying gold from third party Chinese gold farmers that did a lot of the hacking. I assume blizz probably figured "might as well make money off it" rather than keep trying to play whack-a-mole. That's around the time I stopped playing so I have no idea if it had any real effect on server economy as they had previously implemented cross server auction house in like Panda or something. If anything, the idea of selling items on Steam (TF 2 hats anyone?) and all the DLC stuff has lead to this point. Maybe with enough backlash they'll step it back and actually fix the game. From what I understand, you can either buy the characters or grind for like 200 hours to get them. I know most people are just going to pay so what's the point in playing that long?

Right - even the developers were pointing to collectible cards in that you don't know what is in your pack before you buy it an open it

And same argument could be made to surprise pin packs at Disney or the bags Tsum Tsum things that you don't know what is in them

Not saying this isn't gambling or they shouldn't try to stop it - but you could apply the same argument to a lot of things

I thought Of baseball cards before I commented (I lived it at $0.45 a pop years ago)...Lego, blind bag toys...

I still reject it. It's a predatory practice that's exploding in toys and collectibles.

Don't like it at all. Market to children and provide no certainty in product.

So my daughter loves lol surprises...they are adorable little dolls.

But how does the North Pole handle it? It's a boon to eBay because the "elves" have to buy discard product in hopes of getting the right ones and then sell the surplus/repeats...and you can't do the "surprise" Because there are no suprises to magical toy masters...

Yoi...what a mess...

I thought Of baseball cards before I commented (I lived it at $0.45 a pop years ago)...Lego, blind bag toys...

I still reject it. It's a predatory practice that's exploding in toys and collectibles.

But how does the North Pole handle it? It's a boon to eBay because the "elves" have to buy discard product in hopes of getting the right ones and then sell the surplus/repeats...and you can't do the "surprise" Because there are no suprises to magical toy masters...

Yoi...what a mess...

haha, reminds me of recent conversations with my kids:

TMR's kids: "wait, so the elves make Legos?"

TMR: "um, for some things Santa finds it more cost effective to outsource"

Yoi...what a mess...

We've done a few of those blind box minis but I put in the rule you must be ok with whichever one you get, usually that works. There's always Pokemon cards too but the strength of that is trading with friends. Plus mine ends up giving cards he doesn't need to his friends who don't have any which I think is pretty sweet of him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter