• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEWS

Beauty and the Beast themed bar to replace Mizner's Lounge at Grand Floridian

http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/beaut...to-replace-mizners-lounge-at-grand-floridian/

The plans call for three rooms when the retheme is completed:

- The current Mizner’s Lounge area will be themed to the library from Beast’s Castle and will have tables and sofas as a seating area.

- Commander Porter’s mens clothing shop will transform into the ballroom and feature the main bar, which is said to be a u-shaped bar.

- Finally, the hallway outside of the patio will be themed to “the woods”.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be all over it. But it seems kind of weird to make another ballroom (BOG) and library (Enchanted Tales). Also not a fan of it being based on the live action film rather than the animated one.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be all over it. But it seems kind of weird to make another ballroom (BOG) and library (Enchanted Tales). Also not a fan of it being based on the live action film rather than the animated one.

I definitely get that ... in a vacuum I really like the concept and I think it fits really well and is sort of a "grown up take" on the tale (as old as time). But does seem a bit duplicate to BOG.

Though I guess with alcohol still not freely flowing in MK this is sort of like if there was a bar/lounge connected to BOG - just it's not right next to it

I definitely get that ... in a vacuum I really like the concept and I think it fits really well and is sort of a "grown up take" on the tale (as old as time). But does seem a bit duplicate to BOG.

Though I guess with alcohol still not freely flowing in MK this is sort of like if there was a bar/lounge connected to BOG - just it's not right next to it
I actually don’t see how this version of BatB fits well. I’d rather see a Mary Poppins themed aesthetic.

The debate on the location (for BOG#2) not withstanding, I think it makes some sense. It's popular enough in the parks, that it's quite difficult to get in. This is somewhat redundant, but allows additional capacity. I think if it's going to be in a resort, it needs to be a MK area resort. Poly doesn't work for it. I suppose it could fit at contemporary.....but not really. Not a fit for Wilderness. I suppose it could have been made to fit in Reflections. I think the Floridian is the least objectionable spot of the MK resorts.

NEWS

Beauty and the Beast themed bar to replace Mizner's Lounge at Grand Floridian

http://blogmickey.com/2019/03/beaut...to-replace-mizners-lounge-at-grand-floridian/

The plans call for three rooms when the retheme is completed:

- The current Mizner’s Lounge area will be themed to the library from Beast’s Castle and will have tables and sofas as a seating area.

- Commander Porter’s mens clothing shop will transform into the ballroom and feature the main bar, which is said to be a u-shaped bar.

- Finally, the hallway outside of the patio will be themed to “the woods”.

Wow, that is a tremendous amount of space for a bar. Great to see. Should be great if done right which being in the Grand I would think it will.

I actually don’t see how this version of BatB fits well. I’d rather see a Mary Poppins themed aesthetic.

That's fair - with regards to the Grand Floridian as the location ... I guess I meant a BatB in general fits the theme of a lounge (with the Library, etc.). Actually, if the Riviera is supposed to be set in the French Riviera, it probably would make more sense there

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter