News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to read my thoughts on D23...

I have a lot of thoughts!!

First, a lot of incessant updates on stuff we already know.

I love Festival of Fantasy but am kind of jealous at Disneyland’s new parade
Cirque show is exciting but again we spent too much time on it if you ask me.
Target is great. I once forgot to pack pants and this would help with that 😂

Avengers Campus is exciting and I look forward to the idea of the campuses interacting with each other! Love Spider-Man, am confused at what the avengers ride is, and happy they chose black panther for the 3rd ride. I’m also super hyped to meet Ant Man and all the characters they are bringing in.

As for EPCOT they teased figment so much for not actually ever bringing him up!!! That said I am so excited. I have been very worried about this remodel but that imagineer sounded good and honestly I’m seeing where the original park’s vision lines up with what we are getting. It seems to me to be taking the old stuff and making it more modern and easily adaptable. I see how they got play from wonders of life and I think dreamers point sounds just amazing!!!! I think that was my favorite part of the panel. I hate to lose the name Future World but we will probably still call that area that anyway 💁🏻‍♀️. It really just refers to the side of Epcot lol. As for SSE I love it. In my point of you it was always about how the world has been brought together through time as communication developed and part of that for me has always been the storytelling aspect. This doesn’t feel far from the current iteration to me and I gotta say, as a librarian I am hyped. Moana also got me excited. It is the perfect integration of IP into Epcot if you ask me. Educational but character inspired. It also seems super family friendly and honestly gonna help in the summer 😂
I am kinda mad we didn’t get a new country, we should be getting a second maybe even a third country for EPCOTs 50th but maybe I’m being greedy. It’s been too long as it is.
Happy to hear the 50th will be a Disney worldwide celebration but honestly would have been horrified to hear otherwise!
Can’t believe they shoved IP into MDE, classic Chapek. Interested to see how it looks but hate the idea any TAs will lose business, but I honestly don’t think Disney is capable of technology sophisticated enough to do so at this point so not toooooo worried.

Reflections looks better than I expected and I’d actually like to stay there. I am better they got Tianas place and wish they had taken the Pocahontas idea and ran with it more.
Star Wars hotel: amazing but expensive, I tuned out for my own well being and also I’m just sick of Star Wars news at this point. I want new news lol. Still excited for all the new Star Wars stuff though

Joe Rohde working on Lighthouse point might drive me to go on my first Disney Cruise. I think he is perfect for this job knowing that the locals were worried about preserving their culture.

I’m curious what the final verdict will be on the imagination pavilion, as they say on podcast the ride: keep it, plus it up, or burn it down?!

Do we think this is the end of park’s news for awhile or just that they couldn’t fit everything? I hope we don’t have to wait too long for new updates.

I agree with just about every brake you have, but I don't think the Genie will negatively impact TAs ... I think people that already leverage TAs will rely on them to set up their Genies. If anything, bring able to offer this might increase demand for them

Hm.

"When asked about the possibility of creatures and droids roaming the land, Chapek says Galaxy’s Edge will grow over time and add elements, but he also comments that it already has more characters than any other land because each Cast Member has their own backstory."

(This was being discussed over on the SW board and I think droids would be a major addition to the area if they can get it right)

Hm.

"When asked about the possibility of creatures and droids roaming the land, Chapek says Galaxy’s Edge will grow over time and add elements, but he also comments that it already has more characters than any other land because each Cast Member has their own backstory."

(This was being discussed over on the SW board and I think droids would be a major addition to the area if they can get it right)

I think we will start to see things like roaming droids first just during the time those staying at the Star Wars Hotel are in Batuu during their stay

Shareholders due measure success by attendance, though, and so far DLR has been a disappointment for attendance and anything else is spin. Now, that is likely due to the aggressive pricing and blackouts, as opposed to the land itself, but it does show that the land isn't driving the turnout of new customers like they thought it would.

Shareholders due measure success by attendance, though, and so far DLR has been a disappointment for attendance and anything else is spin. Now, that is likely due to the aggressive pricing and blackouts, as opposed to the land itself, but it does show that the land isn't driving the turnout of new customers like they thought it would.

Yeah hard to spin that you spent $1bn on a land and attendance went down... Even if in long run it is a big positive to revenue

His quotes, at least in this case, are very corporate-speak. I'm not as familiar with him as others here but he seems like the type of guy who would appeal to execs, doing some gymnastics to spin a negative as a positive. Hence: "we don't have droids right now but the cast members have backstories!"

I was just trying to sign up for the deal. I didn't realize there was a free membership option or I would have done it yesterday. I was an original D23 member but let the membership go after a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter