News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I could hear something like that when I was in the restroom.

Which are genius by the way-they look like they haven't been cleaned in 50 years.

But I could use a bit more music at SWGE as well (similar to the HP Lands as mentioned), incredible place either way though.

anyone seeing any other reports of this? Would definitely impact things like stroller rentals and food delivery:

"Soon, Walt Disney World resorts will no longer allow companies to deliver and drop off goods with their bell services desks. That includes companies like stroller rentals, owner’s locker and food service companies. Here’s the details.

According to Kingdom Strollers, a trusted affiliate of this website, beginning October 1, 2019, guests who have not already reserved a stroller rental drop off will be required to meet a representative of a goods delivery service IN PERSON at the resort. This new change will affect ALL outside vendors as well."

https://www.kennythepirate.com/2019...-jfkIbwtFnjz8oJ50hbB2Cz4g61A6HmQB6iNslL3GP8pk

I wonder if this also applies to Turner Drugs.
:sad1:

I wonder if this also applies to Turner Drugs.
:sad1:

What’s hard about that is I don’t know anyone who plans on using Turner Drugs at Disney. I’d guess they get used when people forget medication or get sick while there.

I used Turner Drugs when I got the flu at Disney. Family was at the parks. I was in the room with a high fever, chills etc. I called the front desk and begged them to bring them to have someone bring the prescription to my room. I could have made it to the lobby to pick it up — sneezing and breathing all over lots of people along the way. So I could have met the driver. But I’m sure people appreciated me staying in my room.

What’s hard about that is I don’t know anyone who plans on using Turner Drugs at Disney. I’d guess they get used when people forget medication or get sick while there.

I used Turner Drugs when I got the flu at Disney. Family was at the parks. I was in the room with a high fever, chills etc. I called the front desk and begged them to bring them to have someone bring the prescription to my room. I could have made it to the lobby to pick it up — sneezing and breathing all over lots of people along the way. So I could have met the driver. But I’m sure people appreciated me staying in my room.

I use Turner Drugs every trip. I get drinking water, contact lens solution, sun block, and other supplies delivered to the hotel on the day of my arrival.

Apparently there's a petition circulating against the photo boxes
http://chng.it/6yJZJnHcxB
I signed this petition last week and received an email update this morning regarding the photo boxes. Not sure how true it is but this is what was sent:

A source from an Instagram post has claimed that Photoboxes at Mickey's Town Square in Magic Kingdom have been removed.
Our voices are being heard! This is great news :) one down but quite a few more to go. Keep fighting, spreading the message, voicing your emails and signing the petition.
We are all making a difference.
@martsartuk

Can anyone confirm?

This very well could have been mentioned up thread, and I apologize if I’m repeating a question. But where can you find the illuminations stream tonight? Parks blog? YouTube?

This is a bad idea. That company has 0 stroller knowledge. You can tell by the strollers they’re renting.

About what I expected. Guess if there is a potential silver lining:
- you can still get/leave your scooter and stroller with bell services if you want, just choice is limited (and I expect price to be higher)
- other companies will adapt with other models - already seeing Orlando Stroller Rental advertise being able to pick up/drop off your stroller right at the airport which may work better for some people (again, more choice I think it good)
- I presume the other/non-selected "preferred" rental companies will no longer pay a fee to Disney to be called "Preferred" meaning the companies many people rent from could see rates go down,obviously with the trade off less convenience

So defitinitely will cause people to have to change/adapt a bit, but maybe the end result won't be as bad as feared

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter