• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, I just mentally thought it was about the hotel itself. My bad

Just read the full article and there seems to be a misconneciton between the headline and the article as in the details seems like they liked about 75% of what they tried. Seemed like a number of the entrees were a bit bland but no way do the details match a headline saying it overall was "bad"

That's what I thought! I double checked to make sure I read the headline correctly...

Hmmm, the site we don't speak of just ripped Toledo, calling it bad, bland, and poorly designed. Although when I read it, they were just a couple things they didn't like.

That is the only bad review I've read so far. Food is subjective, so there's that, but poorly designed???

Everybody is an expert these days! :p
I just read that, too. The headline was definitely THIS PLACE IS AWFUL, but then it seemed they liked most of it. I think it looks stunning, very nice for a moderate especially. They mentioned the lack of fireworks viewing but most other reviews I have read said they can see plenty.

Hmmm, the site we don't speak of just ripped Toledo, calling it bad, bland, and poorly designed. Although when I read it, they were just a couple things they didn't like.

That is the only bad review I've read so far. Food is subjective, so there's that, but poorly designed???

Everybody is an expert these days! :p
He was complaining about the design of the restaurant! :p

Hey, everyone has their own opinion! I'll judge the food when/if we eat there.
Yes, this reviewer (and part of their team) skewed towards a less than positive result, but they were also very eager to point out "winners". I think we're going to try Dahlia this weekend and try some of the tapas, and based on this review, the view may be better.
haha, I just mentally thought it was about the hotel itself. My bad

Just read the full article and there seems to be a misconneciton between the headline and the article as in the details seems like they liked about 75% of what they tried. Seemed like a number of the entrees were a bit bland but no way do the details match a headline saying it overall was "bad"
I just read that, too. The headline was definitely THIS PLACE IS AWFUL, but then it seemed they liked most of it. I think it looks stunning, very nice for a moderate especially. They mentioned the lack of fireworks viewing but most other reviews I have read said they can see plenty.
someone message the name of the site that shall not be named lol

Few things here. First the site is banned for a reason. It’s best if we don’t constantly talk about them.

Views: If DHS had fireworks you’d have an amazing view of their show. You have an obstructed view of Epcot and than a very distant view of MK.

Food: that’s always going to be hit or miss with people. Not everyone is going to like everyone. I enjoyed what I had.

I would say Dahlia is my favorite part but don’t count out Toledo. Go try it if you can.

I did TiW a few years ago and am always on the fence about doing it again. Please, unsolicited advice, so feel free to ignore. Now that you’re AP, you get 10% at a lot of restaurants. I make a spreadsheet with meals, drinks, etc. make sure TiW will save you past $150 (buy-in cost), and worth it over your 10%.
Our last trip in May we were at WDW for 6 days and we saved over $400 using our TiW card. That doesn't even count our trip last Dec and last October. I think it helps that alcohol is covered and I agree it definitely encourages that bottle of wine, lol!

just got an eail about D23 '
Dear D23 Expo Guest,

I’m Michael Vargo, head of D23 Expo and D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, and I want to personally welcome you to D23 Expo 2019! The magic of Disney, Pixar, Star Wars, Marvel, and more will soon come to life under one roof at the Anaheim Convention Center for three fun-filled days this August, and I can’t wait to celebrate with you and our fans from around the world.

In addition to offering exclusive, behind-the-scenes sneak peeks, world-class shows and entertainment, celebrity surprises, and fantastic shopping all weekend long, we have been hard at work on creating some new features that will help you make the most out of your D23 Expo experience including:

• D23 Expo Badges: Expo badges will begin shipping to guests on August 5. Once you receive your badge, it will be important to activate it online prior to arriving at the Expo. More information will be shared about how to activate your badge in the coming weeks and specific instructions will be included with your badge.
  • Advance Online Reservations: For the first time ever at D23 Expo, we are excited that guests with activated badges will be able to make advance reservations online for shopping times at select Disney retailers using StorePass; guaranteed entry to select sessions, including performances in Hall D23, using StagePass; and reserved times to meet special luminaries and celebrities using our new TalentPass. More information will soon follow about how advance reservations will work, so stay tuned.
  • D23 Expo App: The official D23 Expo App will soon be released on the App Store and Google Play to help you navigate and plan your experience. It will include details and schedules for sessions and shows, an interactive map of the show floor, information on special appearances, tips on where to grab a bite to eat, and more.
Be sure to check out our frequently asked questions along with the latest announcements and information at D23Expo.com; and you can follow @DisneyD23 on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for breaking D23 Expo news and coverage.

For even more tips, be sure to watch our exclusive video series “Know Before You Expo” on the official D23 YouTube channel at YouTube.com/DisneyD23.

From one Disney fan to another, I am thrilled that you are joining us at D23 Expo… see you there!

Yours,

qG_84xXoQub33W1XhEMokQ8akS_6JW0z3GPY51A4PEyAEPAVAXwX4zTXp0lvHSlfDfGQiuLnsHOe1BQNOvMbEHVhFu1LiIvh9k9MY7aK6gv8OXJ1=s0-d-e1-ft

Michael Vargo

Which browser are you using? All the tweets load automatically on certain browsers, Safari, Edge, Chrome, Opera, etc. If your using something more privacy focused, Firefox, DuckDuckGo, Tor, etc. it might be getting blocked from loading. Changing settings should be able to fix it.

Oooh, must be a browser thing then. I thought it was a mobile thing. I use DuckDuckGo. I have the plug-in too for my laptop but apparently that’s less restrictive.

Yep, just checked on Safari and it’s fine there.

Nope. I get people don't like restrictions, but what you are saying just simply isn't true as a blanket statement.

For regular dining plan ($78.01 per adult):

QS - need to spend about $23
Table Service - need to spend about $46 (each)

Now that alcohol is included, it is hard to not come out ahead.
Dinner, say $28 for an entree, $11-13 for a glass of wine and then dessert - you can hit $46 easy. :)
Counter service - 11-18 for lunch and then an 11-13 drink!!! Way ahead :)
Except when your 11YO doesn’t benefit from the alcoholic drinks but still pays for the adult price.

I have a reservation for Toledo, did anyone try the plant-based options? would love feedback on those

I have a reservation for Toledo, did anyone try the plant-based options? would love feedback on those

The one review I read they had gotten it and said it was very creative but some elements were better than others. They actually thought it would be a very good thing to get for the table as like a shared starter or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter