News Round Up 2020

Man ... all Epcot will be is World Showcase this summer .. and that will be packed since Future World will be hard to navigate. Hopefully this means that Ratatouille open at that same time to balance out another ride closing.
I'm just hoping they don't pull an MMRR on us and open RAT FP+ AFTER the 60 day window with no notice. I have no desire to do that. If it opens around May 26th, and they do 1 month before like RAT, it's likely it would fall JUST AFTER our FP window for our June/July trip and I would be PISSED if I miss getting one because of this nonsense.

I'm just hoping they don't pull an MMRR on us and open RAT FP+ AFTER the 60 day window with no notice. I have no desire to do that. If it opens around May 26th, and they do 1 month before like RAT, it's likely it would fall JUST AFTER our FP window for our June/July trip and I would be PISSED if I miss getting one because of this nonsense.

WHy they waited until UNDER 60 days for MMRR is odd considering they had the date announced already. I guess they were trying to balance it out with the Rise boarding group mess and may have been debating using that system for the railway too?
My hope is because this is an existing ride system AND the park is not experiencing overwhelming morning crowds that they will just do this normal and give us 60 days.

But until we have an official release date, we can only hope.

It's possible Rat will have FP for my trip.
I will only go for it if it is tier one and Soarin is tier 2
Soarin is my favourite.
I rode the Rat in DLP numerous times, and it is awesome, but, it is DLP to me, so I am sad to miss SE, but it is what is.
SE needs the work, I get that.

I too will be onsite late June (19-28) but am planning on Rope Dropping RAT because my 3 kids favorite ride is TT and with the frequent down time, especially in the AM, I feel like I have to get a FP+ for that rather than RAT...assuming TT and RAT are on the same tier and we can only pick one.

While all the buzz is around Disney+ ... HULU may end up being (or already is) much more important to Disney strategically as cord cutting keeps increasing. Not everyone is a fan of the Disney+ programming, but Hulu is a streaming leader with stuff live Hulu-Live and now moving on 'FX on Hulu' exclusives like 'Devs'. It'll be interesting to watch how Hulu navigates the Fox and other adult oriented properties away from linear cable TV to an exclusive streaming platform in the coming years

Here's hoping they have fixed the seats and the sticky floor that seemed to plague this "not sure what to do with" theater.

I was last in there way back in 2015 for "Frozen Summer" when they showed the Frozen Fever short. Man that theatre had broken seats, smelled bad, felt a few steps below a typical "budget" theatre. Did NOT feel like a disney theme park theatre.

Not sure if they improved it with Path of The Jedi (despite being Star Wars fans, we just never had interest in going in there to see a "clip reel" of the movies.

At least this is a draw -- seeing a new animated short! Since Hollywood Studios will be packed in the near future, I am looking forward to doing the new "minor" experiences (this, Disney Junior, Lightning McQueen, other shows, etc.) there with the kids if the lines are too long for ride attractions.

I too will be onsite late June (19-28) but am planning on Rope Dropping RAT because my 3 kids favorite ride is TT and with the frequent down time, especially in the AM, I feel like I have to get a FP+ for that rather than RAT...assuming TT and RAT are on the same tier and we can only pick one.
The tiers will be interesting to find out .. I would HOPE if they add RAT to Tier 1 (which makes sense) something else will drop off of Tier 1. Having the only four rides (worth doing) at Epcot in Tier 1 will be ugly :(.

Also have to find out when Rat will open (every day). Doesn't most of the World Showcase (and its attractions) (except Frozen) open at like 11 AM?

I am assuming (due to popularity) and the awful construction at the front of the park --- it will open with Future World like Frozen does. I would think that the International Gateway will be the preferred entrance of choice trying to rope drop RAT.

Here's hoping they have fixed the seats and the sticky floor that seemed to plague this "not sure what to do with" theater.

I was last in there way back in 2015 for "Frozen Summer" when they showed the Frozen Fever short. Man that theatre had broken seats, smelled bad, felt a few steps below a typical "budget" theatre. Did NOT feel like a disney theme park theatre.

Not sure if they improved it with Path of The Jedi (despite being Star Wars fans, we just never had interest in going in there to see a "clip reel" of the movies.

At least this is a draw -- seeing a new animated short! Since Hollywood Studios will be packed in the near future, I am looking forward to doing the new "minor" experiences (this, Disney Junior, Lightning McQueen, other shows, etc.) there with the kids if the lines are too long for ride attractions.

I hope, unlike every other show and side attraction, they actually open this one at park opening vs. waiting until 10:00 or whatever. They ought to be opening at least a couple shows earlier than 10 these days. It's ridiculous!

Not the last time I was in there a year ago. It was still pretty awful.

The tiers will be interesting to find out .. I would HOPE if they add RAT to Tier 1 (which makes sense) something else will drop off of Tier 1. Having the only four rides (worth doing) at Epcot in Tier 1 will be ugly :(.

Also have to find out when Rat will open (every day). Doesn't most of the World Showcase (and its attractions) (except Frozen) open at like 11 AM?

I am assuming (due to popularity) and the awful construction at the front of the park --- it will open with Future World like Frozen does. I would think that the International Gateway will be the preferred entrance of choice trying to rope drop RAT.

actually a good amount of WS is open at 9am, ( you just can't walk all the way around) - specifically for places that serve breakfast

And that includes the France Pavilion as you can get breakfast at Les halles Boulangerie & Patisserie ... so I would expect Rat (as well as the new crepe place) to be open at 9am

Due to it's location in the France pavilion and that area already being open at park opening, I would be shocked if RAT doesn't open at 9am park opening. The bakery in France is open at that time so there wouldn't need to be any new walkways opened, just the queue to the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter