News Round Up 2020

B&B has been open for a while. We've gone.

Masks are required in public places. Like the concession stand and bathrooms and lobby. In the theaters, they have so many seats blocked off so no one is sitting next to you or in front or behind. But you are not required to keep your mask on while seated.

We went to see Empire Strikes Back. Felt very safe.
I remember B&B opening. I'm glad y'all went though to check it out :) You're our guinea pigs of the area DISers :laughing:

It looks like they vary a bit in their plans.

For AMC they said the seat situation is dependent on seating type: "All AMC, AMC DINE-IN™ and AMC CLASSIC® auditoriums are at 30% capacity or less, based on municipality guidelines. In auditoriums with traditional seating, every other row is blocked off for your safety. In auditoriums with wide AMC Signature Recliners, there is already enough space between rows to allow for social distancing. In all auditoriums, please leave an empty seat between yourself and other guests."

For the masks: "In the auditorium, masks are still required, but may be removed while enjoying food and drinks. Protect yourself and others by wearing a mask before, during and after your movie." Also they track what other places are with the types of masks: "Your mask must cover your nose and mouth and fit snugly around your face and chin. Neck gaiters, open-chin bandanas and masks with vents or exhalation valves are not acceptable at this time, based on World Health Organization guidelines. If needed, masks are available to purchase for just $1."

Refills are also unavailable for drinks and popcorn but the wording...I'm wondering if that impacts Dine-In since there they just give you a brand new cup and popcorn bucket.

I'd feel comfortable personally at either of the companies :)

No one is coming to WDW, and no one is waiting to go. Even if you want to ignore the pandemic, just look at the underlying economy.
Guess I am a nobody then. I am "coming" in little over 3 months. I am not ignoring the pandemic. I choose to live as normal a life as can be with the pandemic all around. I live in central Illinois and while thankfully masks have improved, I would say that still it is less than 50% in my area. There are still some communities around here that nobody wears a mask, especially outdoors. IMO, I will be safer in WDW than I am everyday around here. So, I am a nobody coming soon, and a nobody indeed waiting to go. :tigger:

Guess I am a nobody then. I am "coming" in little over 3 months. I am not ignoring the pandemic. I choose to live as normal a life as can be with the pandemic all around. I live in central Illinois and while thankfully masks have improved, I would say that still it is less than 50% in my area. There are still some communities around here that nobody wears a mask, especially outdoors. IMO, I will be safer in WDW than I am everyday around here. So, I am a nobody coming soon, and a nobody indeed waiting to go. :tigger:

Figure of speech my man.

I wonder if they would bring any of this to Galaxy's Edge

Did they have any Life Day references in Galaxy's Edge last year? If not, then they really need to do some Life Day decorating. I think they do holiday stuff in Pandora, so why not some 'in canon' Life Day stuff for Batuu

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to mix their immersive Star Wars Land with Legos.... But who knows what Disney is going to do these days? Unusual times.

I'm pretty sure they aren't going to mix their immersive Star Wars Land with Legos.... But who knows what Disney is going to do these days? Unusual times.
No, that’s not what they mean. They meant they should decorate Batuu for Life Day celebrations at Christmas time, not add LEGO figures.

Did they have any Life Day references in Galaxy's Edge last year? If not, then they really need to do some Life Day decorating. I think they do holiday stuff in Pandora, so why not some 'in canon' Life Day stuff for Batuu

I don't believe they did - so that is sort of what I was getting at. If this special connects Rey, Finn, etc to Life Day, - and thus to the time period Galaxy's Edge is set in, could they then bring Life Day to Galaxy's Edge?

I don't believe they did - so that is sort of what I was getting at. If this special connects Rey, Finn, etc to Life Day, - and thus to the time period Galaxy's Edge is set in, could they then bring Life Day to Galaxy's Edge?
Don't forget that The Mandalorian had a quick reference to Life Day, establishing that it was back 'in canon' as well

Man I typed something that was way to dark for this message board. Suffice it to say, what I typed agreed with Rebo. No one is coming to WDW, and no one is waiting to go. Even if you want to ignore the pandemic, just look at the underlying economy.
And the underlying economy is just going to get worse over the next 6-12 monhts. I know a few people who had the "safe" office jobs that haven't been affected for the past 6 months (where people can easily work from home (and have been doing so)) whose hours/pay are getting cut by 20% or so because their business just doesn't have any demand for their product or services and things like that could just go into a downward spiral.

I think there are people WANTING to go. I WANT to go .. my goal is trying to find a time to go to WDW sometime this year before things get "worse" (at the parks or the economy in general). I am struggling to do that just because of the value and logistics of going right now. The value is not there, so the only reason I want to go is low crowds .. so I am trying to evaluate how important low crowds is compared to the price we'd pay for 1/2 - 3/4 of the normal experience (with restrictions like masks).

It's just hard to swallow that cost right now .. especially when the future is VERY uncertain right now.

My sister went (you can listen to an episode of our podcast where she talks about it for an hour) but only because she was DVC and had points and APs from her trip last year. She said that the value would not have been there if those few things didn't line up.

I personally wouldn't pay 1000s to go down right now unless there was some kind of super discount that just my wife and I could go. I certainly wouldn't bring down my kids into that state right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter